Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Tuesday, 06 August 2013 @ 03:36 PM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Manufacturers > Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda PCX 150i
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: updown () on Friday, 25 May 2012 @ 05:56 AM ICT  
Anonymous: updown

Anybody knows for what PCX stands for?

By: news (offline) on Friday, 25 May 2012 @ 07:57 AM ICT  
news

Quote by: updown

Anybody knows for what PCX stands for?

Honda PCX stands for Honda Personal Comfort Xaloon. Xaloon as in 'saloon'.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: SutusB25 (offline) on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 @ 09:29 PM ICT  
SutusB25

Started shopping around Pattaya for a PXC 150.
I went to 4 dealers and all 4 agreed that the performance of the 150 is only very slightly higher than the 125. Looking at the technical specs. of both I read engines stokes are the same. The 150 has a 6mm larger piston diameter. The compression ratio on the 150 is lower than the 125. This reduction reduces the load on the rest of the engine and transmission (and the power output). So the torque will hardly have changed -Hence the comments from the dealers.What has changed is the price.Originally 70000 Baht -now 795000 baht. A lot of extra money for a slightly larger piston. Not surprising that Honda do not publish performance data on the150 engine

Alan Light

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile     PM
By: Big Guy (offline) on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 @ 09:53 PM ICT  
Big Guy

Quote by: SutusB25

Started shopping around Pattaya for a PXC 150.
I went to 4 dealers and all 4 agreed that the performance of the 150 is only very slightly higher than the 125. Looking at the technical specs. of both I read engines stokes are the same. The 150 has a 6mm larger piston diameter. The compression ratio on the 150 is lower than the 125. This reduction reduces the load on the rest of the engine and transmission (and the power output). So the torque will hardly have changed -Hence the comments from the dealers.What has changed is the price.Originally 70000 Baht -now 795000 baht. A lot of extra money for a slightly larger piston. Not surprising that Honda do not publish performance data on the150 engine

I understand where SutusB25 is coming from. The extra 9500 baht (US$293) for an additional 25cc of engine displacement hardly seems a fair trade. There will undoubtedly be an extension in engine longetivity and perhaps a small improvement in performance on hills, but is it worth an extra US$300? Any increase in top speed is probably a speed governor issue and not power related.

When we look at the bike from a marketing perspective though, it's already a high end of the 'normal' scooter range, so those who are wanting something a little extra over the standard Honda and Yamaha scooters are willing to pay extra. If you don't want to pay 79,000 baht for a scooter: don't! Buy a Wave, or Click, or Fino or Scoopy.

Where the PCX fails in a big way is the seat. It was supposed to be a 'world bike' for Asia, Europe and North America - but although the wheelbase, frame and capacity are superior to the 'normal' 125cc scooters, the ergonomics of the bike are definitely for Asian people. North Americans and Europeans are for the most part taller and heavier than Asians. The truth is that without modifications, the Wave is more comfortable to sit on than the PCX for anyone over 5 foot 9 inches.

Honda: Hear me! Get rid of that stupid hump and let the taller riders slide back a bit. The PCX could be so much more than it is with just a little tweaking that wouldn't cost anything on the production line.

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email   PM
By: news (offline) on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 @ 09:54 PM ICT  
news

It's seems that Honda has stopped the sales of the PCX 125i, of course with the Honda PCX150i being nearly the same price, it would be a bit unlogic to sell them both. Honda is still producing the PCX125i for export to some countries.

Also, we uploaded the English owner's manual for the Honda PCX150i, see our download section Honda PCX150i Owner's Manual in English language.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: Keith () on Sunday, 16 December 2012 @ 07:22 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Keith

Does anyone other have bad experience with PCX 150?
Anyone know the price in Pattaya now?

By: news (offline) on Monday, 17 December 2012 @ 06:07 AM ICT  
news

Quote by: Keith

Sorry we don't know the exact price for which dealers in Pattaya sell the Honda PCX150, but what we can say is that the PCX150 is one of Honda's best selling scooters, and the quality of the scoot is very good.

Actually we hear no complains about the PCX150

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: Keith () on Tuesday, 18 December 2012 @ 06:32 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Keith

Quote by: news

Quote by: Keith

Sorry we don't know the exact price for which dealers in Pattaya sell the Honda PCX150, but what we can say is that the PCX150 is one of Honda's best selling scooters, and the quality of the scoot is very good.

Actually we hear no complains about the PCX150

Good.
Some months ago I visit 2 places and they want 72000-74500 Bath.
Anyone know what it costs to insure it for a year?

Content generated in: 0.26 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:36 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 864 votes | 5 comments

TMEA MEMBER