84 posts :: Page 1 of 6
By: news (offline)  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 05:53 AM ICT (Read 76497 times)  

The first pictures of the new 2012 Honda PCX150i, with the eSP 150 engine and latest generation PGM-FI (fuel injection). The Honda PCX 150i is set to be released in March this year, we will keep everybody informed.

Click on image to openClick on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Cupper ()  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 12:27 PM ICT  

What is so special about the Honda PCX150, other that it's 150cc?

By: news (offline)  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 12:43 PM ICT  

Quote by: Cupper

The Honda PCX150i is equipped with a 150cc eSP engine. And eSP stands for enhanced (reinforced, with greater value), Smart (refined, high-precision and highly sensitive) and Power (motive power, engine). eSP is the general term for liquid-cooled engines for scooters achieving both higher environmental performance and greater dynamic performance through use of advanced technology for higher fuel efficiency and an ACG starter.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: admin (offline)  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 02:56 PM ICT  

The pictures of the Honda PCX150i in a higher resolution.

Click on image to openClick on image to open

admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 11:55 AM ICT  

Quote by: admin

The pictures of the Honda PCX150i in a higher resolution.

Admin you have of the spec for this new pcx,the other thing is got a friend who has ordered one ages ago ,he has not been contacted by Honda if the price is going up,are they going to stop making the 125cc,cheers Andy

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: admin (offline)  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 12:18 PM ICT  

Admin you have of the spec for this new pcx,the other thing is got a friend who has ordered one ages ago ,he has not been contacted by Honda if the price is going up,are they going to stop making the 125cc,cheers Andy

No, we don't believe that Honda will stop the production of the PCX 125i – based on the fact that many countries around the world (especially in Europe) – have special regulation for scooters below 125cc. For instance in several European countries you can ride a 125cc automatic scooter with your regular car drivers licenses.

Currently no extra specification for the Honda PCX150i are available.

admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 22 February 2012 @ 09:03 AM ICT  

The Honda PCX150i is equipped with a 150cc eSP engine.

ESP yet another marketing acronymRoll Eyes

Apparently the bore is offset like the CBR 250 to produce less friction loss.
Same idle/stop as 125.
If it is a 4V engine it will be different.
How much the body of knowledge has been changed in the past couple of years to illicit new ECU settings for engine management remains to be seen. Unless they purposely held back something when introducing the 125.
It is possible they have improved the internal cooling to allow leaner burn without detonation but they haven't said.
The transmission case looks the same so the basic bike is the same.
There have been many complaints from EU/US that they did not like the speed limitation on the 125, so maybe that has been addressed as the 125 seems capable of more.
In the US some states do not allow bike under 150 on the freeway so this maybe was a marketing concern . (Would be nice if Bangkok adopted the same strategy but yes difficult/impossible to police)
Yes 125 limit still applies in many countries so maybe 125 production will be moved there or Indonesia/Vietnam?
Maybe Honda sold quickly every PCX they built, realized the price was too low so needed to do something to warrant an increase in price to say 90,000?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: andyc (offline)  Thursday, 23 February 2012 @ 07:52 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

The Honda PCX150i is equipped with a 150cc eSP engine.

ESP yet another marketing acronymRoll Eyes

Apparently the bore is offset like the CBR 250 to produce less friction loss.
Same idle/stop as 125.
If it is a 4V engine it will be different.
How much the body of knowledge has been changed in the past couple of years to illicit new ECU settings for engine management remains to be seen. Unless they purposely held back something when introducing the 125.
It is possible they have improved the internal cooling to allow leaner burn without detonation but they haven't said.
The transmission case looks the same so the basic bike is the same.
There have been many complaints from EU/US that they did not like the speed limitation on the 125, so maybe that has been addressed as the 125 seems capable of more.
In the US some states do not allow bike under 150 on the freeway so this maybe was a marketing concern . (Would be nice if Bangkok adopted the same strategy but yes difficult/impossible to police)
Yes 125 limit still applies in many countries so maybe 125 production will be moved there or Indonesia/Vietnam?
Maybe Honda sold quickly every PCX they built, realized the price was too low so needed to do something to warrant an increase in price to say 90,000?

Hope not Flying Squirrel price 90000bht the 125 over priced ,but they could still sell loads,

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 04 March 2012 @ 10:02 AM ICT  

Well here we are into March and all the dealers I have been to have PCX 125's for sale.
When do they get here and what will the price be ?

By: Anonymous: herboxxl ()  Friday, 16 March 2012 @ 01:08 AM ICT  

Today i saw the first PCX 150 cc

in Pattaya at Mityon Pattatay Tai.

The price is 72,500,- Baht.

When i ask for the 125 cc, the salesclerk told me,
this model is not on stock and no longer available.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 16 March 2012 @ 07:01 AM ICT  

According to Honda, the PCX 150i, doesn't replace the PCX 125i... but I need to say that Honda Thailand could have another idea for the domestic market. But likely the real reason why shops have no PCX 125i scooters on stock is that they not order one. The Honda PCX 150i was announced a some time ago and since that date no Honda dealers ordered the PCX 125i....

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 16 March 2012 @ 08:41 AM ICT  

I'd say PCX 125 is dead in Thailand. Click can be 125, Nuovo is 135 etc so why by a PCX 125 anymore.
PCX 125 will endure in Europe where they have a 125 limited horsepower class for new riders. Using the same logic the Vespa GTS125 is still in Europe but not available in other markets.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 16 March 2012 @ 09:16 AM ICT  

72,500 baht in Pattaya.

Chiang Mai dealers are demanding 77-79,000 baht!!!! Thumbdown Roll Eyes WTF Embarrased Crazy

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 16 March 2012 @ 09:20 AM ICT  

How much does it cost to ship a bike to Chiang Mai?

Cars in western Canada are more expensive than in the East. It's called a destination charge, in the pricing book.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Friday, 16 March 2012 @ 12:31 PM ICT  

With only a small price difference I also not see how Honda will sell both the 125 and 150cc PCX scooter in Thailand.

It will also create a new market for Thai parts sellers, with upgrade kits for the Honda PCX 125i scooter to make them 150cc with genuine Honda parts...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

84 posts :: Page 1 of 6
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 88 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association