Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 03:48 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Keeway Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Review for the Keeway TX M200
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: gaur73 ()  Friday, July 06 2012 @ 12:10 PM ICT (Read 6188 times)  
Anonymous: gaur73

Do you have a review on the Keeway TXM 200cc

By: news (offline)  Friday, July 06 2012 @ 12:19 PM ICT  
news

The review for the Keeway TX M200 can take some time, in the past we reviewed the Mbike Delta 200

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: art 123 ()  Thursday, November 08 2012 @ 03:49 AM ICT  
Anonymous: art 123

Just to give u guys a basic review on the txm 200, since i had my for about a month and 3days. I puted 4000 km on it already. The bike is a well rounded machine and well suited for a long distance ridding. The inverted front suspension is a bit too soft and tend to bottom out when u hit big bumb and there are lots of it in Thailand. The rear shock is well adjusted and a bit more stiff.

I put a top box on my and carry some stuff and it seem to be quite alright. The engine got good high end tourqe but lack low end. You really have to rev it to get the bike to move in the low range. The cluch need to be adjusted when I first got it and it seem to have difficulty shifting in to neutral. The idle speed also need to be adjusted to a lower rpm and carburator need to be lean out.

After adjusting these three steps the bike run a lot better. Since the bike doesn't have a radiator only oil cooler, it doesn't like to be sitting in a traffic for along time. When the engine get too hot the gear become a bit difficult to shift. You really have to work at it to get it to shift into the gear that you want. If you are planning to ride exclusively in bkk, a full synthetic motor oil is required. Another issue with ridding in bkk is the side mirrows of the bike. It happened to be at the same high of most pickup truck.

This make it very difficult to get through traffic, but this can be easily fixed with a new set of side mirrow. The seat is quite comfy and wide, unlike its counter part kawasaki D-tracker. The gasoline consumpsion is average around 32km / litre for city use and 38km / litre for out skirt highway. Comfortable cruising speed is @ 85-95 km/hr and top speed max out @ 128km/hr. Overall I think it a good bike for it price of 61900 baht, providing you do a lot of riding away from the traffic. If you live on an out skirt of bkk or you just looking for a weekend get away this bike is perfect for you!

By: Anonymous: Matchless ()  Monday, June 24 2013 @ 07:02 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Matchless

I was very interested in your review of the TXM. I am thinking of buying one to do some touring around the country areas of Thailand. My question is about the carburettor and the types of fuel available. Does the Keeway run on ethanol blends of fuel or must it only use straight benzene?

By: news (offline)  Monday, June 24 2013 @ 09:51 AM ICT  
news

The Keeway TXM200 is equipped with a carburetor, but you can use gasohol (E10, or fuel blends that contains 10% ethanol) or gasoline. Even for the RON ratio of the fuel the Keeway runs fine with RON 91 and RON 95 fuels.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:48 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,399 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER