Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Sunday, 25 November 2012 @ 06:32 PM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Manufacturers > Royal Enfield Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 News on Royal Enfield Availability
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Tony () on Friday, 31 August 2012 @ 11:53 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Tony

My decision isn't so simple anymore.
[/p]

Welcome to Thailand the country where any decision isn't that simple...

By: Anonymous: Somchai Smith () on Friday, 31 August 2012 @ 07:00 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Somchai Smith

I believe the price is so high at the moment because at the moment complete bikes are being imported from India and are therefore subject to the high import duty for luxury goods. Originally the bikes were supposed to arrive in CKD form and be assembled byTiger Motors, thereby avoiding the higher tax. The prices were going to be approx 130,000 bht for the 350 and 180,000 bht for the 500. If the importer and Tiger Motors can resurrect the planned arrangement we can expect to see the bikes marketed at the lower prices. Price in India for the 350 is 48350 baht and the 500 is 70000 baht, both plus on road charges. So you can see the huge taxes the Thai goverment is loading on these bikes.

By: Phineas (offline) on Friday, 31 August 2012 @ 07:04 PM ICT  
Phineas

Now I am really confused. In February RE's imported from India were available for sale in Thailand - but at a high price. So presumably at this point they had passed the Thai emissions standards

At this time we were told that once they were assembled in Thailand the price would be more reasonable - 145K for the 350s and around 200K for the 500s.

So how can the price have increased so much? If it is due to the emissions standards - then how come the models imported from India could be sold and registered here? I hope there has been some mistake and the prices will be in line with what we were told a few months ago

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: Haley () on Friday, 31 August 2012 @ 11:04 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Haley

I like some "proof" of the “special” fuel injection system before I buy.....could very well be another scam-excuse to hike-up prices. TIT

By: Anonymous: Fred () on Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 11:18 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Fred

This is not about the Royal Enfield but about EFI (related to the topic).

Kawasaki build a bike which has international approval, yet isn't available here in Thailand because, we are told, 'it is too dirty and can't pass the strict Thai emissions laws'.
If this is the case why can't Kawasaki fit an EFI system to their KLR650 for the local market?
I'm sure the bike would sell well here.

By: news (offline) on Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 12:59 PM ICT  
news

Quote by: Somchai Smith

I believe the price is so high at the moment because at the moment complete bikes are being imported from India and are therefore subject to the high import duty for luxury goods. Originally the bikes were supposed to arrive in CKD form and be assembled byTiger Motors, thereby avoiding the higher tax. The prices were going to be approx 130,000 bht for the 350 and 180,000 bht for the 500. If the importer and Tiger Motors can resurrect the planned arrangement we can expect to see the bikes marketed at the lower prices. Price in India for the 350 is 48350 baht and the 500 is 70000 baht, both plus on road charges. So you can see the huge taxes the Thai goverment is loading on these bikes.

The prices you find on Internet from Indian websites are according to Indian comma placement, so that means that an international 100,000 is in Indian comma placement 1,00,000.

The Royal Enfield Classic 500 costs currently in India 1.61 Lakh (what is in international notation 161,000 Rupee) what is about 91,021 THB.
Click on image to download

The same Royal Enfield Classic 500 EFI costs in England 5195 GBP, which is about 258,329 THB
source: http://www.royal-enfield.com/prices

The same motorcycle cost in Thailand 280,000 THB, which is 8.4 percent higher that the motorcycle will cost in England. What is not bad.

See attachement for how they place commas in India...
Click on image to download

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: news (offline) on Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 01:05 PM ICT  
news

Quote by: Somchai Smith

If the importer and Tiger Motors can resurrect the planned arrangement we can expect to see the bikes marketed at the lower prices..

The Thai Royal Enfield distributor and Tiger Motor Co. Ltd never have had a planned arrangement? The only arrangement they had was that they rented a shared booth location for the Bangkok Motorbike Festval.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: Sanjay () on Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 07:41 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Sanjay

Sorry News but you wrong here. 350 Classic is 55193baht equivelant in India on the road. 500 Classic is 70306baht equivelant. I Indian and know what price is here. Also, according to RE marketing, RE distributor in Thailand did have agreement for Tiger to assemble RE bikes. I suggest you phone Khun Phariya at Tiger who will put you straight on these matter. Unfortunately you get your facts wrong. Tiger also had agreement with LML to assemble their Scooters but nothing started yet
Kind regards from Sanjay.

By: news (offline) on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 @ 09:06 AM ICT  
news

Quote by: Sanjay

Sorry News but you wrong here. 350 Classic is 55193baht equivelant in India on the road. 500 Classic is 70306baht equivelant. I Indian and know what price is here. Also, according to RE marketing, RE distributor in Thailand did have agreement for Tiger to assemble RE bikes. I suggest you phone Khun Phariya at Tiger who will put you straight on these matter. Unfortunately you get your facts wrong. Tiger also had agreement with LML to assemble their Scooters but nothing started yet
Kind regards from Sanjay.

Dear Sir,

Sorry if I not go into a discussion of what the price of a Royal Enfield motorcycle is in India, our source is Royal Enfield HQ and it's possible that they send us some sort of suggested retail prices for India. Also we know that motorcycle prices in India can different according to the state you buy them, and in the end a 70,000 THB or 90,000 THB doesn't make much difference anyway.

Personally, if anybody wants to try to import a Royal Enfield Classic 500 by himself, he is more than welcome to do so. And if the sales price in India is 70,306 THB you still end up with 231,000 THB imported in Thailand And this 231,000 THB is without without registration and environmental testing which probably will cost another 100,000 THB. So maybe it's not so good idea to import one by yourself...

If you have information on how to do it cheaper please share the information, I'm sure that many people love to hear about that.

Theocratically it seems easy, at least on paper, you import completely knocked down (CKD) motorcycles and assemble them in Thailand so you not have to pay to much customs duty; excise duty and other taxes. But when you try to get all the needed documents and licenses things are getting difficult.

Talking about the facts, are you sure that Tiger Motor Co. Ltd would assemble LML scooters, was it not Millennium Motor Co. Ltd, or one of the other companies registered on the same address as Tiger Motor Co. Ltd? I'm sure that the owner of Tiger Motor Co. Ltd is an intelligent and wise business person, manufacturing your own brand motorcycles, produced from raw materials and partly from imported parts, plus assembling motorcycles for 3rd parties from imported parts or CKD in one company is probably the perfect script for a TAX paying horror movie with many sleepless nights...

Will Royal Enfield motorcycles be assembled in Thailand, who knows, only time can tell. For now the Royal Enfield Classic 500 is only 8.4% more expensive than you would pay for the same motorcycle in England.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: radnoc (offline) on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 @ 10:10 AM ICT  
radnoc

Rip-off price in England too then. No suprise!

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email   PM
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 06:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

ABS Brakes on Sportsbikes? A Good Things or Not?

•  No, they add too much weight
  •  Yes, they're obviously a good thing
  •  Yes, as long you can turn them off
  •  No, I prefer the feel of normal brakes
  •  No, I don't need them
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 294 votes | 6 comments

Events

There are no upcoming events

Advertising

My Account