Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Tuesday, August 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance New Topic Post Reply
 Yamaha TTR250 clutch plates
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: darren ()  Saturday, November 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM ICT (Read 1477 times)  
Anonymous: darren

I have a Yamaha TTR250 and need clutch plates any help on where to find them would be great...
Thax Daz

By: Anonymous: Bart ()  Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Bart

I recently fitted a new clutch. The "cork" or friction plates for both OE and blue models are 3XJ-16321-00-00 . The OE and Raid models need 6 and the blue model needs 7 plates.

The plain steel plates for the white and very early blue models are 3XJ-16324-00-00 (5 required) and the later blue models (6 required) are 3XJ-16324-01-00.

Don't forget to soak your new friction plates overnight in engine oil before fitting!

New clutch springs are 90501-23763-00 for the 6 plate clutch and 90501-23391-00 for the seven plate clutch. I believe the later springs are shorter.

Beware if buying second-hand parts as the clutch basket and cover are different between white and blue models as they need to be wider and deeper on the blue models to accommodate the extra plates.

P.S. My experience is that TTR part numbers NOT starting with '4GY' are common to other Yamaha's.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, November 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM ICT  
news

You can order the Yamaha TTR250 clutch plates online, they cost only US$ 10,94 (about 340 THB) - I will not try to buy any used clutch plates, you likely buying somebody else headache - we have good experience with Bike Bandit and they also deliver in Thailand Yamaha TTR250 clutch plates

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 11:49 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,384 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER