Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Thursday, August 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Yamaha Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Yamaha R6 rev limited
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Johnathan ()  Friday, September 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM ICT (Read 1734 times)  
Anonymous: Johnathan

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help me, I have a Yamaha R6 with only 3,200km on the clock. I bought the Yamaha R6 after I came to Thailand. I'm just starting to get a bit more confident opeining it up.

For some strange reason the motorcycle won't go over 12,000rpm. I've had it up to 15,000rpm once or twice, but now it won't go over 12,000rpm. It does this in every gear, but when in neutral it revs fully. I had an automatic chain lubricator on the motorcycle, but took it off.

It has a very tine pipe which runs under the back seat of the motorcycle. If you put your finger over the end of the pipe you can feel like a vacuum suction. Would this have anything to do with it? I would be really grateful if somebody could help me please

Johnathan

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, September 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM ICT  
ThaiDesign

Sometimes a motorcycle won't rev because it's sucking air into one of the cylinders. Frankly we doubt that this is the case despite your chain oiler being taken off. We're sure that it you put it back on the engine will behave just the same. The simple test is to clamp or plug the pipe and then ride the motorcycle.

Is your engine management light on? If so, your ECU could be running in safety mode having detected a problem, which would limit the revs. If that's the case you should definitely have the engine management light on.

Beyond that your could be dealing with some kind of ECU or sensor failure. Get it into your Yamaha dealer for a proper inspection.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Profile Email    
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

Have you tried http://www.r6-forum.com

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Johnathan ()  Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM ICT  

The R6 revs again normal, I remembered that I asked a Thai mechanic to help me to synchronize the carburetors, and the Yamaha dealer found that the Thai mechanic had forget to put the gasket back so it was sucking air into one or more cylinders....

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM ICT  
ThaiDesign

Okay, you have a pre-2002 Yamaha R6... and I was thinking something with a fuel-injection.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: SD ()  Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM ICT  
Anonymous: SD

Quote by: Johnathan

The R6 revs again normal, I remembered that I asked a Thai mechanic to help me to synchronize the carburetors, and the Yamaha dealer found that the Thai mechanic had forget to put the gasket back so it was sucking air into one or more cylinders....

Lesson learnt...

ALWAYS go to the OEM Dealer for Service & Maintenance

The OEM's are not expensive here in Thailand so we have no reason not too.

Cheers

SD

By: Anonymous: Johnathan ()  Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM ICT  

The problem was that Yamaha Thailand, first not wanted to look at the bike, later when my girl ask one of the mechanics direct things changed.

Also another motorcycle shop suggested by some people wanted a 20,000 baht entrance few before mechanics would look at the bike.

New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 12:33 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,426 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER