Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Royal Enfield Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Buying a Royal Enfield
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Frans ()  Tuesday, November 03 2009 @ 07:58 PM ICT (Read 11442 times)  
Anonymous: Frans

where can I buy a Royal Enfield Motor bike in Thailand?

By: Anonymous: anon ()  Wednesday, November 04 2009 @ 11:24 AM ICT  
Anonymous: anon

Just across the way in India...

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, November 04 2009 @ 02:27 PM ICT  
news

Hello Frans,

Royal Enfield is looking for a distributor in Thailand, but for now you just need to be lucky to find a second hand. The one we have is an imported Enfield, from Burma (Myanmar), if your reasons for wanting a "cheap" motorcycle you better look for something else.

Because the Enfield is a 500cc, registering it for legal Thai road can cost as high as buying a new 100 to 125cc motorcycle. And this 125cc motorcycles will even pass you in the maximum speed range... Of course the feeling of riding a Enfield is nothing I could explain in a simple forum posting, it is just something special....

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Frans ()  Wednesday, November 04 2009 @ 08:21 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Frans

Quote by: news

Hello Frans,

Royal Enfield is looking for a distributor in Thailand, but for now you just need to be lucky to find a second hand. The one we have is an imported Enfield, from Burma (Myanmar), if your reasons for wanting a "cheap" motorcycle you better look for something else.

Because the Enfield is a 500cc, registering it for legal Thai road can cost as high as buying a new 100 to 125cc motorcycle. And this 125cc motorcycles will even pass you in the maximum speed range... Of course the feeling of riding a Enfield is nothing I could explain in a simple forum posting, it is just something special....

Hi News,
I know, speed and probably the brakes are worse than the 125cc Yamaha or handas here.
I have a BSA C11 in the Netherlands so I knwo how it is driving those beauties. So it is not because I want a cheap one, I just want a real motorcycle with the real feeling of those bikes. Speed is not important.

So, where can I find one here or do I have to import it from Europ? From India is not a possibility because the don't sell all the types.

Cheers

By: Anonymous: ShellW ()  Wednesday, March 03 2010 @ 06:35 PM ICT  
Anonymous: ShellW

India do NOT have the US/EU emisions complient EFI models. The closest place to order would be from Dubai, UAE or order one from the US or EU. Royal Enfield have just released two additional Bullet 500 colours to the US/EU markets, 'Battle Green' and 'Chrome'

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorcycl ... expo-1377/

The cost is about $5000/. Import and Customs tax (++) will cost about 150 percent more to that price.

By: Matty (offline)  Wednesday, March 03 2010 @ 08:07 PM ICT  
Matty

Are you saying the purchase price is $5000, the customs tax $7500 making the total price $12500 ????
Or do u mean purchase price is $5000 , the customs tax $2500 making the total price $7500 ???

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: ShellW ()  Wednesday, March 03 2010 @ 10:17 PM ICT  

Err.... sorry, the price is actually about USD 6,000 for the EFI (EU/US compliant models) and about USD 4,000 for the Indian complient EFI version (http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/model ... ry-g5.html).

Tax in Thailand is about 150 percent on top of that (very insanely over-taxed).

USD 6,000 Royal Enfield Bullet 500
+ USD 9,000 Tax/Import Duties ect
= USD 15,000 TOTAL

or about THB 500,000!!!!!!!

Royal Enfield was recently considering opening a dealership in Thailand, can you guess why they reconsidered?

By: Anonymous: ShellW ()  Wednesday, March 03 2010 @ 10:50 PM ICT  

The THB 500,000 price tag puts it in the same price catagory as a Triumph Bonneville which has dealers (and even a manufaturing plant) in Thailand. Royal Enfield does not.

However, in my opinion, a Royal Enfield is still better because it IS a classic motorcycle still in current production. It's a living dinosaur from the Classic Age of motorcycles. (Thankfully, these days you can get them with post World War 2 engine technology).

You can also get Royal Enfield Bullets direct from India for about USD3,000 or less (looks different from the Classic 500), but their CAST IRON engines may not comply with Thailand's emissions laws.

By: Matty (offline)  Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 04:06 PM ICT  
Matty

Why does the Thai Government insist on these rediculous high import/customs taxes?
Almost nobody can afford to bring in Big Bikes with these taxes.
If they charged something more reasonable like 20% then surely lots of people would import big bikes and the Government would make alot of money. ? No ???

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Nick ()  Thursday, August 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Nick

Hi We are now getting the dealershio for the bike now and the price will not be as high as THB 500,000. We have just signed the dealership paper and beginning to bring the bike in for testing now. So If there is any update i will let you guy know. My email is .

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Wednesday, November 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Chang Noi

Thai import taxes are so high so the Thai manufactures can keep you from buy other bikes at a better price!
It is called state-organized-monopoly or theft.

Chang Noi

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, November 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM ICT  
news

Currently we have no idea what the prices for the Royal Enfield motorcycles are from the official dealers. We know that they probably will open two dealerships in Bangkok first before expending to other cities....

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Paul Slater ()  Thursday, November 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Paul Slater

I am interested in purchasing the above bike, for my use in Thailand, I live in Loie Provence, Na Duang, Who or where are the nearest dealers

Regards,

Paul Slater...

This posting was originally posted as a comment for article The Royal Enfield Electra Bullet EFI - Modern Retro

By: news (offline)  Thursday, November 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM ICT  
news

It's difficult to predict where in Thailand Royal Enfield dealers will located, especially with Royal Enfield being only just available in Thailand, but I'm convinced that Royal Enfield dealers will not only be located in Bangkok... Probably Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya and a few more are higher on the list than any town in Loei... but in the end the Royal Enfield Electra Bullet EFI will be available.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 12:38 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,409 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER