Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 10:54 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Q&A New Topic Post Reply
 Which do I want?
   |  Printable Version
By: Tonycr (offline)  Wednesday, March 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM ICT (Read 870 times)  
Tonycr

I'm looking for a new motorcycle. I have a Honda Wave-i now and I like it. However, it's getting a bit old. I want a 125-135cc with a shift type transmission (no automatic). I can't seem to find spec sheets that give me the information I need, so I'll call on the knowledgeable people on the forum.

Thanks for your help.

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
By: news (offline)  Wednesday, March 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM ICT  
news

If you're a person who take cares of what he owns, you can also look at the better quality Chinese motorcycles. For instance Lifan or Keeway are a good alternative and they offer 200cc / 250cc motorcycles for a price that would be similar to what you would pay for a smaller Thai made Japanese bike.

If you think that a Chinese motorcycle is not an option you can look at the Yamaha Spark 135i, what is still basically a step-through bike but on steroids. The Yamaha Spark 135i has as the “i” in the name suggest a very modern fuel injection system ~ the obvious downside is that the Yamaha Spark 135i is a bit orientated for the young dare-devil and riding comfort is not as good as a regular motorcycle.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Wendelin Schwab ()  Wednesday, March 12 2014 @ 07:57 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Wendelin Schwab

Hi,
another good alternative is the Keeway TXM enduro. it is 200cc,manual gear shift and a very very comfortable seat and riding position.

Check it out.
Wend

By: Matty (offline)  Thursday, March 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM ICT  
Matty

I disagree with the post above about the Yamaha Spark 135i, I purchased one new in 2010, I find it very comfortable, (im 47yrs) and it is one of the fastest small scooter bikes you can buy. I can smoke other scooters from the lights no problems and have hit 140km/h with a passenger before I got hit in the ribs and told to slow down, ( both of us approx. 70kg each)
With a bigger rear sprocket it would be even quicker accelerating, as the 165km/h top speed isn't really necessary.
I have found this bike extremely reliable,starts 1st time every time, is cheap to service and economical enough to run.
I have only ever had to change out the battery once and the chain once ( changed the rear sprocket at the same time just because, altho I wish I went a few teeth larger )
The only downfall with the bike is no underseat storage but I just wear a small backpack when going shopping.
Great bike, water cooled, fuel injected, 4 speed manual no clutch, roller rockers.
Check the stats online , it smokes other scooters easily.
cheers
Matt.

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Jim ()  Saturday, March 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Jim

The Yamaha Spark 135i is a nice motorcycle, but the best motorcycle now available is the new Suzuki Raider 150R

New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 10:54 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,419 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER