Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Monday, 07 April 2014 @ 10:21 AM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Manufacturers > Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda PCX 150i
 |  Printable Version
By: Flying Squirrel (offline) on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 @ 10:20 PM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

Quote by: news

With the big Mityon dealer on South Pattaya Road it seems to be a good or not so good experience. Some people seem very happy with the service and others have the idea that service is not so good.

"Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by traffic from both sides."

~ Margaret Thatcher.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Bangkok

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: Bart () on Thursday, 22 March 2012 @ 09:11 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Bart

If you buy a motorcycle or scooter in Thailand you always should keep your eyes open and ask questions if you not fully understand something. I personally have no experience with Mityon, but what I hear is that they are a pretty big outfit.

In my country we have a saying “Big trees get all the wind”, meaning that by selling a lot of motorcycles you also get more complains. One time I was told by a motorcycle manufacturer that from every 10 motorcycles sold 1 person will complain about the dealership. So I guess if a small dealer who sells 1 or 2 motorcycles per week not often has buyers who complain, while a big outfit like Mityon in Pattaya who sell a few hundred motorcycles would get on average a few people who feel they are mistreated... And remember happy people never search for publicity, they to busy riding around happy with there new Honda scooter or motorcycle...

And the truth is, if you want to buy a Honda PCX150i in Pattaya you likely have to deal with one of the Mityon dealerships. So knowing that some people have reservations about them you can prepare yourself and be extra careful... and if they promise something let them write it down...

By: Anonymous: David () on Thursday, 22 March 2012 @ 02:36 PM ICT  
Anonymous: David

Just getting back to the range of prices various Honda dealers seem to be asking for the 150i, apparently claiming that
the discrepancies are due to freight costs.

It appears to me that Kawasaki dealers throughout the country charge the same prices for their bikes regardless of where the dealer
is located. eg the KLX250 is 152,000 baht everywhere (I believe). They either don't charge extra for freight or incorporate it into their
retail price.

A friend has bought a 150i in Chiang Rai and the price he paid is higher than what I was quoted in Chiang Mai.
Some consistency would be good AP Honda (no good emailing them because they never reply).
And so would one set price.

By: Anonymous: Multivar () on Thursday, 22 March 2012 @ 02:38 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Multivar

Anybody interested in the new Variator MALOSSI Multivar for the Honda PCX?

The Multivar from MALOSSI features redesigned roller weight tracks and a self-lubricating sliding bushing made from sintered steel. Its primary drive, which is made from high-quality alloy steel, has sliding surfaces that are coated with a grounded hardchrome layer. The primary sliding sheave is crafted from a silicon-aluminium alloy using high precision CNC machines and finally treated with diamond cutting. The usual loss of performance of the variator could thus be reduced by up to 30%! The high-strength calibrated roller weights do not need any additional lubrication as they are made from a durable PTFE mixture. If you are looking for the perfect combination of high-tech material and a reasonable price, this tuning variator is the obvious choice.

By: news (offline) on Friday, 23 March 2012 @ 06:51 AM ICT  
news

Quote by: Multivar

Anybody interested in the new Variator MALOSSI Multivar for the Honda PCX?

The Multivar from MALOSSI features redesigned roller weight tracks and a self-lubricating sliding bushing made from sintered steel. Its primary drive, which is made from high-quality alloy steel, has sliding surfaces that are coated with a grounded hardchrome layer. The primary sliding sheave is crafted from a silicon-aluminium alloy using high precision CNC machines and finally treated with diamond cutting. The usual loss of performance of the variator could thus be reduced by up to 30%! The high-strength calibrated roller weights do not need any additional lubrication as they are made from a durable PTFE mixture. If you are looking for the perfect combination of high-tech material and a reasonable price, this tuning variator is the obvious choice.

I'm a bit surprised. Does Malossi already have aftermarket variator for the Honda PCX150i? Or is this just the variator for the 125cc PCX model?

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +31

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: MadMac () on Friday, 23 March 2012 @ 01:41 PM ICT  
Anonymous: MadMac

Do you have contact details for the branch as I have been quoted 79,500 from Mityon.

Quote by: herboxxl

Today i saw the first PCX 150 cc

in Pattaya at Mityon Pattatay Tai.

The price is 72,500,- Baht.

When i ask for the 125 cc, the salesclerk told me,
this model is not on stock and no longer available.

By: news (offline) on Friday, 23 March 2012 @ 01:57 PM ICT  
news

Quote by: MadMac

Do you have contact details for the branch as I have been quoted 79,500 from Mityon.

Quote by: herboxxl

Today i saw the first PCX 150 cc

in Pattaya at Mityon Pattatay Tai.

The price is 72,500,- Baht.

When i ask for the 125 cc, the salesclerk told me, this model is not on stock and no longer available.

The two Mityon locations that sell Honda motorcycles/scooters in Pattaya are:

- Mityon (Head office) South Pattaya Rd. Tel. 0-3842-7427 , 0-3841-5683-5
- Mityon Honda wing center Thepprasit Rd. Tel. 0-3890-6584-5

I have no idea who has quoted that price to Herboxx but the price seems a bit low....

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +31

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: Will () on Saturday, 24 March 2012 @ 05:13 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Will

Somebody already bought a Honda PCX 150i? How is it?

Will

By: Big Guy (offline) on Sunday, 25 March 2012 @ 08:56 AM ICT  
Big Guy

I passed by Nat Motors in Chiang Mai again today and they were just unloading a shipment of new Hondas. Saw about ten PCX150i's so they are into them in a big way. Lots of 250 and 150 CBRs in the shipment too.

With the demise of the 200cc Phantom (a cruiser style bike discontinued a year or two ago) there is a big hole in the Honda lineup. The 250CBR and150CBR models are for a very specific market segment that want 'sport' bikes, but there is nothing for a rider wanting a more traditional motorcycle.

I'd like something in the 250cc range because here in Thailand that is the largest bike allowed before the outrageous duties and road fees kick in. I rented the Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 for a day (essentially a moto-cross with road tyres) and by the end of a few hours my butt was so sore I couldn't sit or stand. Not my cuppa tea despite the large frame (I am a big guy) and power.

Please Honda, give us a 250cc traditional bike!

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email   PM
By: ThaiDesign (offline) on Sunday, 25 March 2012 @ 10:21 AM ICT  
ThaiDesign

Honda will first, probably tomorrow, officially launch the Honda CRF250L which is similar like the Kawasaki KLX250... as being a road legal enduro machine. I normally not take the seat as a serious problem to like or dislike a motorcycle, as it's easily customized in Thailand for a few hundred baht.

But I agree that Honda Thailand is missing something like a Wave in the 250cc segment (with Wave I not mean a step-through 250, but more a 250cc workhorse), I “currently” not have the idea that Honda Thailand will bring a cruiser (like the Phantom AT200) back on the market.

Honestly if Honda Thailand would produce/introduce another 250cc motorcycle style it needs to be a model/style that sells in more countries that Thailand.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +25

Profile Email   PM
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 10:21 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 1,695 votes | 12 comments

TMEA MEMBER