Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, August 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance New Topic Post Reply
 Yamaha Fino Tuning
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Cam ()  Saturday, January 19 2008 @ 09:19 PM ICT (Read 23426 times)  
Anonymous: Cam

Greetings,

On Wednesday, October 03 2007 you published the article Turning a Yamaha Fino into a Racer.

In this article you mention a tuning kit. Would you mind sharing with me where you sourced it, as it seems to be of much higher spec than anything that I have been able to find?

Thanks,

Cam.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, January 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM ICT  
news

Hello Cam,

The bore-up kit we used was official not made for a Yamaha Fino, it was a Yamaha Nouvo bore-up kit. As you probably know is the engine for the Yamaha Fino, Mio and Nouvo the same one.

The bore-up kit we used is available from AseanMoto and I belief they are upgrading there website, so you can contact them by email sales[at]aseanmoto.com

Click on image to download

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Bern ()  Thursday, December 04 2008 @ 09:33 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Bern

Hello Mr Admin,

If i replace the camshaft with a costume made hyper camshaft, the result that you said surely adds torque and horsepower to the little Yamaha Fino. but, can i know the negative effect to the engine if i replace the camshaft? for your information,i already change the block size up to 58mm. im using my fino for normal ride, not for racing.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, December 04 2008 @ 11:50 AM ICT  
news

Replacing the original camshaft with an aftermarket "hyper" camshaft will have the effect that your motorcycle will become a bit thirstier. As your bike becomes snappier, some call it more nervous, as with even a little twist of the throttle will make the engine rev.

If you ride your Yamaha Fino on long stretches of road, you will find that with an aftermarket hyper camshaft it is more difficult to keep a constant speed on your motorcycle.

The quicker revving of the engine will also put somewhat more stress on other engine components. It is wish to use the best engine oil you can get, and better be early then late with changing the oil.

For the quality of the camshaft itself, we have seen some bad quality aftermarket camshafts, made from steel that is totally not suitable to make a camshaft.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: martin ()  Wednesday, June 08 2011 @ 04:16 PM ICT  
Anonymous: martin

i have a fino and i used it to go to my work i need some advice on how to improve its performance. is it a good idea if i change the rear brakes to caliper one? cheers!

New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 09:10 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,379 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER