Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Sunday, 25 November 2012 @ 08:45 AM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Buying and Selling > Buying a Motorcylce New Topic Post Reply
 Buying a new scooter in Phuket - Yamaha Nouvo Elegance vs Suzuki Skydrive/Jelato vs Honda Airblade-i
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jack Corbett () on Thursday, 24 November 2011 @ 09:21 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Jack Corbett

I hate to bust everyone's bubble on Yamaha Elegances being thirstier than its competitors especially the Honda PCX Here's the real facts http://www.alphapro.com/Aprillooking11/pcxshootout.html Also.....whoever said in here that the PCX 125 cc. engine makes more horsepower than the Elegance's 135 c.c. engine, what makes you think so? Where are your facts? I've gone all over the internet searching for figures released by Honda for the PCX's horsepower and have come up empty, and when I've found figures from other sources they have run from a relatively anemic 10 horsepower (the Elegance makes 11.2 h.p.) to a figure matching the Elegance. I've noticed Honda likes to claim its Air Blade (before) and now its PCX has more power than the competition but it's been very silent about backing its claims up. No such problem with Yamaha however. All over the internet one could find the figure 8,9 h.p for its earlier Nouvo, the 115 c.c. MX and it's now the same thing with the Elegance...11.2 h.p. The last thing I've got to say is this....someone over at Thai Visa tested a handful of bikes with his GPS and found that the PCX had a top speed of 99 kph versus 109 for the Nouvo Elegance. Now.....think guys....doesn't that make a lot of sense....the Elegance weighs 40 to 50 pounds less than the PCX, it offers up 135 cc's to the PCX's 125, and Honda is reluctant to release its horsepower figures.

By: andyc (offline) on Thursday, 01 December 2011 @ 07:16 PM ICT  
andyc

Quote by: Jack Corbett

I hate to bust everyone's bubble on Yamaha Elegances being thirstier than its competitors especially the Honda PCX Here's the real facts http://www.alphapro.com/Aprillooking11/pcxshootout.html Also.....whoever said in here that the PCX 125 cc. engine makes more horsepower than the Elegance's 135 c.c. engine, what makes you think so? Where are your facts? I've gone all over the internet searching for figures released by Honda for the PCX's horsepower and have come up empty, and when I've found figures from other sources they have run from a relatively anemic 10 horsepower (the Elegance makes 11.2 h.p.) to a figure matching the Elegance. I've noticed Honda likes to claim its Air Blade (before) and now its PCX has more power than the competition but it's been very silent about backing its claims up. No such problem with Yamaha however. All over the internet one could find the figure 8,9 h.p for its earlier Nouvo, the 115 c.c. MX and it's now the same thing with the Elegance...11.2 h.p. The last thing I've got to say is this....someone over at Thai Visa tested a handful of bikes with his GPS and found that the PCX had a top speed of 99 kph versus 109 for the Nouvo Elegance. Now.....think guys....doesn't that make a lot of sense....the Elegance weighs 40 to 50 pounds less than the PCX, it offers up 135 cc's to the PCX's 125, and Honda is reluctant to release its horsepower figures.

Couple things you forgot to add on your report that you wrote on the looking glass,Elegance is not comfortable for the passenger they have to keep there legs up higher which causes backache,pcx has a more natural sitting position,the pcx can use the greener fuels which are cheaper so the cost of your trip the pcx wins,not the same as you stated

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email   PM
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 08:45 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

ABS Brakes on Sportsbikes? A Good Things or Not?

•  No, they add too much weight
  •  Yes, they're obviously a good thing
  •  Yes, as long you can turn them off
  •  No, I prefer the feel of normal brakes
  •  No, I don't need them
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 291 votes | 6 comments

Events

There are no upcoming events

What's New

Stories