43 posts :: Page 1 of 3
By: Anonymous: BlueBarry ()  Monday, 16 November 2009 @ 02:50 PM ICT (Read 72693 times)  

I saw that you had a article about the Lifan LF200GY-5, do you know by any change if the Lifan LF250-B also comes to Thailand?

By: news (offline)  Monday, 16 November 2009 @ 05:20 PM ICT  

Hi BlueBarry,

Yes, Lifan is also going too introduce the Lifan LF250-B in Thailand

Click on image to open

Dimension ((L×B×H): 2250*780*1140mm
Wheel base:1495mm
Ground Clearance: 150mm, Dry Weight: 152kg
Height Of Seat: 670mm

V-Twin Engine
Bore×Stroke: 49mm*66mm
Displacement: 248.9cc
Maximum Net Power 13kw/8000r/min
Maximum Torque: 19N.m/6000r/min

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: BlueBarry ()  Monday, 16 November 2009 @ 07:38 PM ICT  

Hello News,

Can you tell me how the Lifan LF250-B stand-up against something like a Honda Phantom TA200?

How much horsepower is 13Kw? And how Lifan is planning to do service? And how about parts and warranty?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 November 2009 @ 08:56 AM ICT  

The overall build of the Lifan LF250-B is pretty good, not so much plastic components. The bike feels very solid and handles very well on the road.

For service Lifan Thailand is looking for dealers nationwide, this dealers will also do the first level servicing. Parts and service support is done from the Bangkok office of Lifan. I'm not sure on the warranty, it is surely one year, but it could be more... (I will try to check that)

13Kw is about 18 horsepower, it is well enough to give the Lifan LF250-B a good push, it also has a very torque feeling when you ride the Lifan LF250-B.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Charlie ()  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 07:49 PM ICT  

New is correct, Lifan is coming with his own brand.

The Lifan Thailand company website is www.lifanthailand.com

We can see Lifan is going to sell motorcycle, engine and power generators in Thailand directly.

As far as I know, The 250CC V-TWIN CRUISER named Custom is a very good bike. The price will be around 76,000 Bahts.My friends tested this bike in Raoyong Province, where seated Lifan Manufacture.

And the LF200GY-5A is also attactive in Thailand, considering there are no big dirt bike like this, with good outlook and performance.

Personally, if Lifan promotes these two bikes in Thailand well. For sure it will build a good brand name and set up a different brand image in comparison with Honda ,Yamaha ,Suzuki those mainly selling small girlish Fino, Wave on the road.

By the way, I just checked that Lifan is going to sell LF 200GY-5A (CROSS)and LF250-B (CUSTOM) in the beginning of September,2010. Let us pay attention....

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 08:40 PM ICT  

Dear Charlie,

We have changed the Lifan (Thailand) website to www.lifanthailand.com

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Daniel ()  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 05:56 PM ICT  

I'm interested in buying a Lifan LF250-B, where can I buy one?

By: georgy (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 05:22 PM ICT  

unfortunately Lifan does not reply emails

georgy

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: MikeThai ()  Tuesday, 07 December 2010 @ 06:35 PM ICT  

The Lifan LF250-B or Custom V250 is available in North Thailand for 78,000 Bht with 2-years of warranty...

By: Anonymous: BlaBla ()  Friday, 10 December 2010 @ 09:22 AM ICT  

The Lifan LF250 just does not perform like a 250cc V-twin should. It's engine is lazy and seat height is made for children...

By: news (offline)  Friday, 10 December 2010 @ 10:45 AM ICT  

Quote by: BlaBla

The Lifan LF250 just does not perform like a 250cc V-twin should. It's engine is lazy and seat height is made for children...

If people look for a motorcycle for speed they better select another motorcycle then the Lifan LF250-B. The 250cc V-twin cruiser is for relaxed riding, it's not made for speed performance. On the otherhand, when you have adjusted to the riding position, you probably can ride the whole day without feeling a sore bottom.

Comparing the Lifan LF250-B with a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, is comparing a Harley-Davidson XL1200N Nightster to a Ducati 1198S – both have about the same engine combustion size, both are V-twin setup and both cost about the same... Still without any problems a Ducati 1198S can disappear extremely quickly from the vision of the Harley rider...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Masing ()  Monday, 20 December 2010 @ 10:06 PM ICT  

Why would somebody want a Lifan Custom V250 for 78,000 Bht if they can buy a similar motorcycle from Honda. A secondhand Honda Phantom 200 is a great bike.

By: Matty (offline)  Monday, 20 December 2010 @ 11:27 PM ICT  

Why would anybody want a cruiser or chopper style motorbike at all ? Unless they are mid 50s or up and going thru a mid life crissis, I think the only reason people buy this style of bike ( real or copy Harley Davidson style ) is they feel insecure and need to look 'Tough'' or ''Cool''. Its all about to project a certain "Image" ( look at me, Im a bad boy ) to hide the real insecure personality.
They may be comfortable for long rides. ( The bigger capacity ones if they dont vibrate too much ) but they are slow, usually obscenely noisy ( especially the bikies from clubs on their Harleys) handle and corner like a grandmothers rocking chair and the technology is from the 1960,s.
If you want a comfortable, reliable bike that handles well and does not cost big $$$$$ then buy a Japanese bike like a Yamaha FJ1000, Honda CB1000, etc etc Any modern medium or large capacity inline 4cyl sports tourer will be cheaper, more reliable, out brake, out perform, out handle any Cruiser / Harley style bike any day of the year.
If you want to ride arount town or in the city, buy the same style of bike 99.9% of Thai people ride ( Honda Click, Yamaha Fino, etc etc ) they are designed to weave in and out of traffic, not overheat at low speeds and are very very economical to buy and run. How are you supposed to weave in and out of heavy traffic on a Harley styled long wheel based, heavy lump of metal?

The thing to do is buy something practical for the type of riding you want to do. ( or will be doing 90% of the time ) You cant beat any of the big 4 Japanese companys underbone 125cc or similar sized bikes for city, shopping, commuting, and a 600cc or up inline 4cylinder naked bikes for open road, lond distance, touring or weekend rides.
But thats only my opinion hahahaha.
Matt...

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 December 2010 @ 05:32 AM ICT  

Quote by: Masing

Why would somebody want a Lifan Custom V250 for 78,000 Bht if they can buy a similar motorcycle from Honda. A secondhand Honda Phantom 200 is a great bike.

Comparing the Lifan Custom V250 to a Honda Phantom TA200 you would first notice that the Lifan is a lot more bike than the Honda. While the Honda Phantom uses a good amount of plastic parts, Lifan is using much more metal parts.

Just to be honest if you see the Honda Phantom TA200 next to a Lifan Custom V250 ( LF250B ) you will find the Honda a bit toy like.

I have taken a Lifan LF250B for a day out to see what it's all about, and I need to say that it's not bad riding. To be honest, for a 250cc, the Lifan Custom V250 is very comfortable and relax to ride...

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: PaulD ()  Saturday, 25 December 2010 @ 07:03 PM ICT  

Then too, there are some of us who grew up on "cruisers" and if we left biking for a while, returned to like cruisers. Virago, Boulevard, V-Stars and the like were popular in the 90's in the U.S.

Shifting over to a sports bike or semi-sports calls for a different style of riding, and one that may not best suit someone accustomed to another shape of controls - without a lot of practice, likely to be neglected.

Moreover, the notion that we need a liter bike is pretty silly in Thailand. Also, it should be the case that older riders (ahem) acknowledge their age by downsizing - otherwise, increased risk.

I've driven the Lifan 250, and it has more push than the Phantom and represents familiar controls to riders accustomed to "cruisers." It is the opposite of a bragging bike, but utilitarian. Question is if is built to last.

43 posts :: Page 1 of 3