By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Tuesday, 18 July 2017 @ 04:04 PM ICT (Read 153 times)  

I am looking to buy a simple motorbike for commuting between work and my home. I have looked at the Keeway RKV200 and find it a excellent motorbike. But, the Keeway RKV200 is a Chinese made motorcycle, so my question is what is the real downside of buying a Chinese made motorcycle?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 18 July 2017 @ 07:07 PM ICT  

The downside of buying a Chinese motorcycle like the Keeway RKV200 is that not much third party aftermarket parts are available – for example a large windscreen… But most of the time with some adjusting and creative thinking you will be able to fit a all purpose windscreen…

Keeway is generally considered as one of the better Chinese manufacturers, and the RKV200 comes as far as I know with 3-year warranty.

If you consider the Keeway RKV200 as a commuter bike you will find it hard to find anything that would offer the same level of performance, service and operating cost and purchase price. But, be aware that if you want to get some aftermarket performance parts for the RKV200 you not only risk losing the 3-year warranty but parts are hard to find…

For people saying stuff will fall off, and paint and chrome is bad… If you once a month clean your bike and pay a little attention to sometimes use a chrome polish and protection, and wax the paint now and then your motorcycle will last forever…

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jeff ()  Wednesday, 19 July 2017 @ 08:10 PM ICT  

What about resell value, trying to sell a secondhand Chinese motorcycle is worth nothing

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 20 July 2017 @ 02:17 PM ICT  

For most of the better Chinese brand motorcycles available in Thailand the resell value is pretty good.

For example I know a person who owned a Lifan LF200GY-5 Cross 200, which he bought 6 or 7 years ago. Not sure what the price of the motorcycle was in 2011, but a brand new Lifan LF200GY-5 Cross 200 will cost something of 46 to 47,000 THB. The owner sold his 6 or 7 year old motorcycle for just under 40,000 THB, what is not bad for using a motorcycle for around 6 or 7 years…

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1