By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 06 July 2017 @ 05:31 PM ICT (Read 322 times)  

Hello,

We have read a lot about the 500 Adventure and, I think, it is an excellent option for touring Thailand (any road) and SE Asia.
But is it actually available here in Thailand?
If so, from where and how much?

Or is it a matter of buying a standard 500X then having it made into an 'Adventure'?
If so, where can that job be done?

Regards.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 06 July 2017 @ 07:25 PM ICT  

In Thailand the official 500 series line-up is the Honda CBR500R, the Honda CB500F and the Honda CB500X. I not know about any official Honda 500 series Adventure Bike in the making.

Some aftermarket parts suppliers have an Adventure Bike upgrade kit for the Honda CB500X, but to my knowledge no local suppliers.

The Adventure Bike upgrade from some of the aftermarket suppliers are intense and will surely have some impact on the Honda factory warranty.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 06 July 2017 @ 07:40 PM ICT  

OK, thank you.
"Intense". I like that!
Best wishes.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, 08 July 2017 @ 01:39 PM ICT  

The best Adventure Bike upgrade for the Honda CB500X comes from Rally Raid, a company in England. You basically need two packages, first the Level 2 Adventure Suspension Kit Honda CB500X Adventure which cost 1450 UK Pound (about 65,250 THB), second you need the Level 2 to Level 3 Adventure Black Wheel Upgrade Kit which is 838 UK Pound (37,710 THB).

You can maybe get it a bit cheaper to source the wheels on the local market. It would not be that difficult to source a 19”x 2.50-36 hole front rim and a 17”x 3.50-36 hole rear rim in Thailand. And so many shops in Thailand that can wire a spoke wheel for you..

The front fender will probably need a bit of special attention to get it right… The biggest problem is probably the ABS front disc ring that is included with the wheels from Rally Raid…

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Tjilpi (offline)  Saturday, 08 July 2017 @ 02:58 PM ICT  

Thank you 'ThaiDesign'.

Tjilpi

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 198 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association