By: Anonymous: MvanW ()  Monday, 27 March 2017 @ 07:14 PM ICT (Read 194 times)  

I’m considering buying a 1000cc sportsbike and look therefore at all the specifications of the new superbikes. I only have one question.

What’s with all these ‘funny bottles’ appearing on the fork legs of modern motorcycles, specifically the new Kawasaki ZX-10, and the much-anticipated 2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000? Also every World Superbike and most certainly all MotoGP bikes seem to have them as well.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 27 March 2017 @ 08:44 PM ICT  

The ‘bottles’ on the front forks of modern motorcycles are called ‘accumulators’ and they hold gases or fluids that drastically improve the damping capabilities of the front fork. What they basically do is to make the front fork work like the rear shock to put it into simple terms. But they do cost more, which is why the motorcycle carrying them will undoubtedly be more expensive.

The different shapes and sizes will alter the damping rates for different tracks and surfaces. And, there’s a big reason for these appearing on new motorcycles – they work and vastly improve the front-end feel and grip of the motorcycle – if you can ride fast enough to appreciate them that is!

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association