By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Thursday, 29 October 2009 @ 07:42 AM ICT (Read 7122 times)  

After a near 10 year break, I got back into riding and bought the TU250X this past summer when it first came out here in New York. Absolutely love the bike. It's perfect for cruising around the neighborhood and running errands. Even now, near the end of October, I am still riding around and will keep using it daily until it snows here. Suzuki definitely got it right with this bike with its retro looks and color, fuel injection, and wired wheels. Just having a very hard time finding accessories for the TU250X... any suggestions would be appreciated.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 29 October 2009 @ 05:37 PM ICT  

The Suzuki TU250X is officially not yet released in Thailand, so we cannot help you with addresses of accessories in Thailand. But we expect that the Suzuki TU250X will be released in the beginning of 2010 but not later then March.

If we look at the Thai market for motorcycles currently on the Thai roads we can tell that it would not be long after the official introduction date for accessory makers to come with a width range of gadgets and goodies....

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: me ()  Saturday, 13 October 2012 @ 08:03 PM ICT  

We may as well give up on this bike in Thailand right? Last year they had it on their Thai website so I called about 4 dealers and none of them had ever heard of it! lol suzuki

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 13 October 2012 @ 08:49 PM ICT  

There's plenty of alternatives.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 13 October 2012 @ 08:57 PM ICT  

Quote by: me

We may as well give up on this bike in Thailand right? Last year they had it on their Thai website so I called about 4 dealers and none of them had ever heard of it! lol suzuki

Suzuki Thailand went through some serious reorganization in the mid of last year, after that Suzuki head quarters in Japan is now in charge of Thai operations. And while the Suzuki TU250X is something many would like to see in Thailand it will very like not going to happen.

The chances that the Suzuki Inazuma 250 (GSR250) (250cc parallel-twin) will be released in Thailand are much more realistic. In 2013 Suzuki wants to start an offensive to get more market share in Thailand for that they need machines like the Suzuki Inazuma 250.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 14 October 2012 @ 07:16 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

Suzuki Thailand went through some serious reorganization in the mid of last year, after that Suzuki head quarters in Japan is now in charge of Thai operations. And while the Suzuki TU250X is something many would like to see in Thailand it will very like not going to happen.

The chances that the Suzuki Inazuma 250 (GSR250) (250cc parallel-twin) will be released in Thailand are much more realistic. In 2013 Suzuki wants to start an offensive to get more market share in Thailand for that they need machines like the Suzuki Inazuma 250.

And by doing that Suzuuki would clearly be wrong and continue to be dead last in Thailand. I would buy the TU250 single first day it was avalable. As would many others trying to up grade or update there Honda Phantoms. The twin, I will just keep my Ninja

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Sunday, 14 October 2012 @ 11:47 AM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

And by doing that Suzuuki would clearly be wrong and continue to be dead last in Thailand. I would buy the TU250 single first day it was avalable. As would many others trying to up grade or update there Honda Phantoms. The twin, I will just keep my Ninja

In the Japanese domestic market, where the Suzuki Inazuma 250 is sold as the GSR250, the Suzuki parallel-twin 250cc is able to snatch a good amount of the market from the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and the Honda VTR250...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: agogohome (offline)  Wednesday, 17 October 2012 @ 02:13 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

Quote by: Jeffrey

In the Japanese domestic market, where the Suzuki Inazuma 250 is sold as the GSR250, the Suzuki parallel-twin 250cc is able to snatch a good amount of the market from the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and the Honda VTR250...

Problem is, if it were to be sold in Thailand the import taxes would make it a complete non-starter. The machine needs to be built - or at least assembled here.

agogohome

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 17 October 2012 @ 04:35 PM ICT  

Quote by: agogohome

Problem is, if it were to be sold in Thailand the import taxes would make it a complete non-starter. The machine needs to be built - or at least assembled here.

The wellknown Thai high import duties and taxation on motor vehicles doesn't apply to 250cc motorcycles which are build in countries that Thailand or ASEAN has a free-trade-agreement with. Also a 250cc motorcycle build in any ASEAN member country can be imported to other any other ASEAN member country without the high import duties and taxation...

So a Suzuki Inuzuma 250 can be build in Japan, China, India or any ASEAN member country without being much more expensive than a Thai build 250cc motorcycle. In basic only the transport cost and handling is added to the cost....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association