By: Anonymous: George ()  Friday, 02 December 2016 @ 01:09 PM ICT (Read 196 times)  

I have a motorcycle with a relatively close-ratio transmission. Having to excessively slip the clutch and nudge the throttle to pull away at idle is not user-friendly. The close-ratio transmission is a design flaw for the average rider, even though it may be fine for gaining a couple of seconds a lap around the racetrack.

With so many big bikes now having more than 100hp and over 100Nm torque, we don’t need all six gears spaced 2.5:1 apart. This issue could easily be corrected by the manufacturers.

Speaking of transmissions, I just demoed my first dual-clutch transmission, a Honda VFR1200. A great idea in design and efficiency – no wonder Formula 1 cars have been using them.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 02 December 2016 @ 02:10 PM ICT  

For chain-driven final drives, it’s relatively easy to modify the gearing by changing the sprockets. Most riders would appreciate more power down low where it is used all the time, rather than a maximum speed that can only be legally accessed on the short straights of a racetrack.

Unfortunately, stock gearing selections and electric fuel injection programming are often configured for emissions requirements and test results rather than actual rideability.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association