By: Anonymous: Josef ()  Sunday, 27 November 2016 @ 08:36 AM ICT (Read 269 times)  

I for one am very excited at the prospect of a new wave of sub-500cc motorcycles becoming available. Being of advancing years, I have been motorcycling since I was 16, I am not as strong as I was, so a new motorcycle in the 300cc to 400cc range would suit me well.

The new BMW G310R or R310GS look appealing, also the Kawasaki Versys-X 300 and the Suzuki V-Strom 250, and maybe even the Benelli TNT300S. Of course I’m also considering a more traditional motorcycle like the Honda CB300F or Kawasaki Z300, but the riding position is a bit of a concern.

Anyway, 300 to 400cc is more than enough, we do not all need 150 horsepower to satisfy u – been there, done that My world revolves at a more sedate pace these days.

Josef

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 27 November 2016 @ 01:01 PM ICT  

Hello Josef,

I recently also rediscovered how much fun it can be to ride a small-capacity motorcycle, you can get anywhere in Bangkok in time no matter the traffic. With a 1000cc sportbike you’re often also trapped in traffic,

Riding outside Bangkok, the fuel consumption is like the speed low, but I really got that feeling of motorcycling again.

For riding in Bangkok I can even recommend a 125 to 200cc motorcycle, but if you also want to explore a bit more of Thailand you best go for a 250 to 400cc.

Not so long ago we also receive a story by email from Graham who also bought a small-capacity “200cc” motorcycle… If you want to read it Motorcycling Fun without Headache

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association