13 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: joost086 (offline)  Sunday, 24 October 2010 @ 01:23 AM ICT (Read 41906 times)  

Hello Everybody,

I own a HONDA WAVE 125 ANF 2003 ( here in the Netherlands it is called INNOVA 125 ) it is totally standard.
I has a max speed of 105 km/h ( 65 m/h ) and has only 9 hp.
Can anyone advise me on how to give it some extra hp so it will go approx. 135 - 140 km/h ( 80 - 85 m/h ) ?
Which parts do I need to replace ?
I can do the work myself, just don't know which parts.
I've heard that in Thailand people race these types of motorbikes so If anyone could advise me on this subejct please ?

Many thanks from Holland

joost086

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 10:12 AM ICT  

Joost,

Big valve head, cam, bigger carburettor and an exhaust. You can get a big bore kit but unless the engine breathes better you will not go faster. I think 120 - 125 is achievable but i am not sure about 135-140. My modified 100 cc bike (115) would reach 120, downhill:-)

Monkey Bikes (DAX) are very popular in Germany so a lot of info there if you look. The 125 engine is a little different from the 100 or 110 so be careful when you buy parts.

Also surf for Takegawa or Kitaco. Aseanmoto etc.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 01:57 PM ICT  

Thanks for the info FlySqui.

I contacted Takegawa about an ECU/CDI for the Wave 110i. They came back saying that they are not sure whether it is the same as the Cub 110i sold in Japan. I know some parts for the PGM-Fi are made in Thailand for the Japanese Cub, does anyone know if it is essential the same engine and Fi set up?

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Anonymous: CBr ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 02:17 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

I contacted Takegawa about an ECU/CDI for the Wave 110i. They came back saying that they are not sure whether it is the same as the Cub 110i sold in Japan. I know some parts for the PGM-Fi are made in Thailand for the Japanese Cub, does anyone know if it is essential the same engine and Fi set up?

API Tech has now a re-programmer on the market for Honda's PGM-FI motorcycles, So a complete new ECU is not needed (of course you need to have a fuel-injection model).

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 03:21 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

Kitaco also has one they might know.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 08:59 AM ICT  

Thanks for your reply too CBr. I checked out Api Tech website, but google translator is fairly rough! They have a programmable unit for THB 3,000 and another at THB7,500. Would be good to know what power increase there is. Anyone tried these? Difficult to program?

Got a reply from Takegawa for the Honda Cub 110i, they are not sure if can apply to Thailand’s Wave 110i.

01-08-0008 Sport Camshaft JPY 13,800 (THB 5,100)
04-02-2673 Bomber Exhaust JPY 38,000 (THB 14,000)
03-05-0029 Fi Control Unit JPY 9,500 (THB 3,500)
01-07-0003 Race Tune kit JPY 58,000 (THB 21,500)

According to the chart provided it shows:
- power increase of PS 2 with the cam, exhaust and Fi unit (ie increase power from standard PS 7 to PS 9)
- power increase of PS 1 with only Bomber exhaust.

The Bomber exhaust has a cat and is approved by the Japanese MLIT, but try explaining that to a Thai cop!

The Fi unit can only be used with the camshaft and Bomber exhaust.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 05:41 PM ICT  

JR Motor has a plug in module for more power for all Honda Fi models, though i couldn't quite work out what it was. THB 1,200. Can anyone enlighten me please?

www.jrmotor.com/jrmotor-racing.html

Joost, Akunar have many parts for different small bikes and ship around the world, their English and their service is very good.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: joost086 ()  Tuesday, 18 January 2011 @ 09:17 PM ICT  

sir try to visit Akunar all upgrade for our bike is available there you'll need racing cam racing cdi racing coil racing spring dual or triple core hightintion wire & ignition boster 28 or 30 mm carb buy a 58.5 or 59.5 piston for wave 125 bronze gaskit for wave 125 no big valve needed just port & palish your in take & exhaust manifold here is the ratio intake 21 mm/ exhaust 19 mm port & palish your manifold up to 19 mm buy a fast throttle by the wave wats your cdi type if its digital it's wave 125 s if its nor its wave 125 R sir also buy a a cylinder sleeve in case the 58.5 or 59.5 piston doesn't fit on your original sleeve & in case your goin to re sleeve it .sir all of this will cost not less than $ 400 us dollas ship ment not in cluded but for sure your wave will run fast very fast for sure yol will go as fast as 160 kph or even more on a flat raod.

Tips re move the air cleaner make it a open carb use 115 0r 120 or 125 main jet & 40 or 50 pilot jet just tune it will very simple to set up wil cost you half a day after that you wave 125 will run as fasr a cbr 150 hehehe not very fast but fast enough .

You can find Akunar and other parts resellers at Motorcycle and Scooter parts

By: Anonymous: Sammy ()  Tuesday, 18 January 2011 @ 09:59 PM ICT  

Quote by: joost086

Hello Everybody,

I own a HONDA WAVE 125 ANF 2003 ( here in the Netherlands it is called INNOVA 125 ) it is totally standard.
I has a max speed of 105 km/h ( 65 m/h ) and has only 9 hp.
Can anyone advise me on how to give it some extra hp so it will go approx. 135 - 140 km/h ( 80 - 85 m/h ) ?
Which parts do I need to replace ?
I can do the work myself, just don't know which parts.
I've heard that in Thailand people race these types of motorbikes so If anyone could advise me on this subejct please ?

Many thanks from Holland

De Honda Innova 125i in Nederland? Waar heb je die gekocht? (The Honda Innova 125i in the Netherlands, where did you buy it?)

Ik will graag weten waar je de Honda hebt gekocht. (I would like to know where you bought the Honda).

By: Anonymous: asrul ()  Saturday, 03 March 2012 @ 04:28 PM ICT  

hello I am from malaysia, I want to ask where to purchase goods (all sets) PGM FI for 125 s wave me. or in other words I want to change the wave 125s to Innova 125 can or not.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 03 March 2012 @ 05:30 PM ICT  

Converting a none fuel injection Honda Wave into a Wave with fuel injection is not that simple and needs a lot of parts. Probably it's cheaper to sell the old carburetor Honda Wave and buy a new or second hand Honda Wave with fuel injection.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Alex ()  Wednesday, 26 October 2016 @ 10:48 AM ICT  

Dear all,
Just want to sharing. I from malaysia. I got honda wave 125s. If you still interested to updrade your bike u might try checkout most of asia country such indonesia, thailand and malaysia. My wave i already modify using custom gear set, 57mm block, long crankshaft, uma racing CDI (malaysia made). Pipe eczos, and yoshimura caburator. Install was easy but setting the bike to perfection was hard. Now my bike can go 160km/h and dowhill can 190km.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 26 October 2016 @ 11:43 AM ICT  

The Honda Wave 125 (Innova ANF125) sold in Europe is identical to the Honda Wave 125i sold in Thailand, with that most engine parts used in Malaysia, Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries will not work/fit.

The Honda Innova ANF125 sold in Europe uses a PGM-FI (fuel-injection) system, and while the fuel-map (firmware/software) is according to some a bit less rich than the Thai version. European and American Honda MSX125 / Gnome 125 owners love to buy Thai PGM-FI units to get a bit more performance out of there bikes...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

13 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 170 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association