By: Anonymous: Bob ()  Thursday, 28 May 2015 @ 02:53 PM ICT (Read 1322 times)  

Police together with the department of land transport will crackdown on the noise levels of big bike / motorcycles in the future. All motorcycles should not amid more than 95 dB of noise.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 28 May 2015 @ 04:01 PM ICT  

Not totally unexpected that they (police and DLT) would do something about motorcycles that seem to have magnifiers installed as end can.

Thailand is with 95 dB already very generous, if you compare the maximum noise level a motorcycle can make in Japan 73 dB or the 80 dB for the European Union. Not sure how much the maximum noise level is for the USA (maybe it depends on which state you live).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 28 May 2015 @ 09:19 PM ICT  

For comparison a professional 450cc motocross championship bike will produce less than 94 dB, and those bikes are pretty loud.

So 95 dB is for most motorcycles with an aftermarket exhaust system not a big problem.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 06 June 2015 @ 12:19 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Not totally unexpected that they (police and DLT) would do something about motorcycles that seem to have magnifiers installed as end can.

Just noticed one in the soi as I came home, I think Kawasaki Ninja. Straight through pipe with a short widget around the pipe that resembled or at least was the same external construction as a muffler.Laughing Out Loud

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association