By: Anonymous: Me ()  Monday, 27 April 2015 @ 05:21 PM ICT (Read 1613 times)  

I was searching for my homework, in vain, about motorcycles in Thailand and I would like to know what and when was the first motorcycle introduced in Thailand. If possible too, when was the first motorcycle {assembled in Thailand} made and what brand( and model too if possible ).

Thank you ! Big Grin

Bye Scoot-On

By: Anonymous: Me ()  Monday, 27 April 2015 @ 05:24 PM ICT  

(sorry I didn't realise that I was on the wrong forum Neutral )

By: Maintenance (offline)  Monday, 27 April 2015 @ 06:20 PM ICT  

Quote by: Me

(sorry I didn't realise that I was on the wrong forum Neutral )

Dear Me...,

Don't worry, lots of people post in the wrong topic, and we have no problems with moving it to the right topic.... It's a bikers forum, and not everybody follows the rules... it's not a problem...

Maintenance

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: news (offline)  Monday, 27 April 2015 @ 06:39 PM ICT  

Hello Me,

The first motorcycle officially sold in Thailand, by the official representative of the motorcycle manufacturer was the imported Honda Dream 100cc back in 1964. The company who was the official representative is currently known as APHonda Co. Ltd which also registered back in 1964.

We have to acknowledge that back in the '60s a lot of people imported motorcycles and Thailand had not really any import regulations... so it's extremely hard to say what was the first motorcycle in Thailand...

A friend of us, a high ranking military person, who owns a nice BSA likes to say that his bike was the first motorcycle imported into Thailand... but we have no facts to support that claim. Paperwork and archive from the early '60s are all gone or hidden in huge paper archives nobody wants to investigate...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 27 April 2015 @ 07:41 PM ICT  

Of course, we have to understand that the 1964 Honda Dream did not look anything like the step through Honda Dream motorcycle that made Honda so popular in Thailand.

Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Firedick ()  Saturday, 30 May 2015 @ 04:23 AM ICT  

I do not know for a fact, but it sure seems like a logical bet that the Brits had bikes in country before the Japanese drove them out. Or perhaps a few US military HD's post war.

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association