Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Saturday, 16 July 2016 @ 08:10 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda Bigwing Will Not Sell Me a Motorcycle! WTF?
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Motorman ()  Tuesday, 23 February 2016 @ 01:26 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Motorman

Hi,
INCOMPETENCE is the king here.

All a foreigner needs to register a motor vehicle in Thailand is a certificate of residence. The landlord copies his/her ID, signs the form and off you go to the immigration with 500 baht, 4 photos, passport with a visa. Even a tourist visa, according to the law.

The problems start when relevant people do not understand their own rules and laws, and out of fear of making a mistake, prefer to reject the application. Yes it is pathetic, but it is true, in many cases. That's why the word INCOMPETENCE is used.

some IMMIGRATION OFFICES ARE FRENDLIER THAN OTHERS,AND INTERPRET LAWS IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

Good luck on coming across a 'good one' .

By: moskito (offline)  Saturday, 27 February 2016 @ 11:38 PM ICT  
moskito

I have just been a couple of days ago in HONDA BIG WING Phuket branch, asking for the new AfricaTwin and a CB500X
I learned that financing is no ploblem for farang, the only difference is, Thaipeople paying 15% intrest rates and Farang paying 30% Big Grin Big Grin Regarding the Africa Twin it means the bike is 175.000.-Baht more expensive than payed by cash...thats what the young lady explained to us....hard to belive...

Waiting time btw 3month ... The girl talking to me was not very intrested and sorry to say this, I did not have the feeling she has much of a clue about motorcycles, anyways she can speak English, guess that was what counted more then her beeing a professional.

one time more poor service in HONDA BigWIng Phuket... SORRY to say but if I go to a bike shop for buying a bike for a couple of 100k, i EXPECT some professional and not just a nice girl because i am a Farang, I am a BIKER and I look like a biker, I am not a super macho but I like to talk with guys about bikes who may be riding by themselfs, not with a goodlooking mid 20s girl who rides may be a Click.

I hope I can find another HONDA Dealer for buying one of this two bikes, BigWing will not see me again anymore.

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 08:10 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 8,015 votes | 18 comments

TMEA MEMBER