By: Anonymous: Chang Noi1 ()  Saturday, 13 December 2014 @ 05:26 PM ICT (Read 2585 times)  

I did read on a Honda dealer web-site about a recall for the CB500X/F/R and was wondering if anyone had heard about it in Thailand?

"Honda has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2013 model year Honda CB500F/CB500X/CBR500R motorcycles. There is a possibility that one of the bolts used in the assembly of the engine may not have received the proper anti-corrosion treatment, which could allow the bolts to loosen during operation. A bolt that loosens or falls out during operation can cause an oil leak, a reduction in engine power or an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash."

As far as I know this is not about the rocker-shaft.

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 14 December 2014 @ 06:50 AM ICT  

If you have the Honda CBR500R, CB500F or CB500X serviced, as instructed in the manual, you already received the fix for the problem.

If you still have doubts if the problem is fixed you can contact Honda by calling the call center 02 725-4000. You can also check your warranty status and possible recall information by checking warranty.aphonda.co.th/ you need a valid VIN (vehicle identification number) from a Honda motorcycle sold by Honda Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Sunday, 14 December 2014 @ 07:47 AM ICT  

Well I had a CB500F (bought & sold back in 2013) that had serious problem with losing oil. Honda could not fix the problem and/or blamed me for it or said it was normal. Now it looks like that they actually found the problem .... but of course never took the effort of telling .... I did loose about 50.000 Thai baht because of this joke of AP Honda Thailand and Honda Big Wing Thailand.

Their web-site says my frame-number does not exists. I have a very bad experience with calling Honda ... they just ignore you and never call you back.

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 14 December 2014 @ 12:42 PM ICT  

The frame number is not the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Normally you can find the VIN on a aluminum plated that is attached to the frame.... that aluminum plate often also has the frame number... so it can be a bit confusing...

All the problems with the Honda 500 (471cc) engine used for the CBR500R, CB500X and CB500F are currently fixed. Back in 2013 the engine was new and had some small problems, even Honda has confirmed that... But currently the engine is very reliable.... as we can expect from a Honda engine.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Monday, 15 December 2014 @ 08:09 PM ICT  

Dear News,
I do understand that you are coming from the local bizz so defending it but ....

I did not asked Honda to buy it back ..... I asked for a motorbike that is not loosing oil. THEY sold me a non-performing product and THEY did not give a hoot about that actually. THEY blamed me for THEIR faulty production. It took ME 2 months of telephone calls, visits to Udon Thani, visits to Bangkok and threatening with a law-suit to get at least a big part of my money back.

Besides that riding with a engine that is loosing oil so fast could have endangered my life. And I lost a great riding season in Thailand.

That the CB500's are NOW fine .... I do not care about that as I will NEVER ride a CB500 made in Thailand again.

So I would say if AP Honda Thailand or Honda Big Wing Thailand is such a good company why did they not just canceled the sale and refunded me 100%? Why did they not inform me about what was the problem?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 16 December 2014 @ 08:26 AM ICT  

Hello Chang Noi,

You surely had some serious problems with your Honda 500 series motorcycle, the biggest problem was that, at the time, your problem didn't fit with anything on the how-to list. You have to understand that the whole Honda service system is based on “if this happens we have to do this” principal... this normally works very well... but god forbid if anything is not in the how-to manual, what happened in your case.

The how-to manual should have a option if it's no on the list call this number, but it has not - therefore people you talked to at Honda Thailand had no idea what to do...

In western countries a person who has a problem with customer will contact his boss to ask for advice and help,what is in Thailand not the same... people will try to ignore a problem they cannot solve until it gets serious out of hand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 10 February 2015 @ 10:00 AM ICT  

We have received a list of Honda CB500FA parts that have a quality issue. You should know that dealers do not always follow Honda's advice to replace parts if necessary.

For instance some Honda 500cc (CB500F,CB500X and CBR500R) motorcycles have NSK ball bearings in the front and rear wheel that have quality concerns.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association