By: Anonymous: James B. ()  Wednesday, 15 October 2014 @ 06:37 PM ICT (Read 2087 times)  

I bring our daughter everyday to school on my new Honda CB650F motorbike, my wife bought her a Index full-face helmet, but our daughter does like the helmet as tells me that it moves around on her head when we ride. What should I do?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 15 October 2014 @ 07:31 PM ICT  

I guess you wouldn't wear a poor-fitting motorcycle helmet, so why should your kid have to? Several motorcycle helmet manufacturers have a 'youth' or 'kids' line which are constructed around a shell purposely shaped for younger persons which you're bringing and maybe picking up from school.

HJC, which is available in Thailand by an official distributor is basically the market leader in kids helmets, most other motorcycle helmet manufacturers ignore this market.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: sd ()  Thursday, 23 October 2014 @ 07:53 PM ICT  

Quote by: James B.

I bring our daughter everyday to school on my new Honda CB650F motorbike, my wife bought her a Index full-face helmet, but our daughter does like the helmet as tells me that it moves around on her head when we ride. What should I do?

HJC "Youth" sizes are fantastic helmets...both my Thai wife and my 5 yo "LK" Daughter both use them on any motorcycle in the family garage.

Last year I had to make my daughter wear a little "EVS helmet half cap" but that actually worked well to absorb the "morning sweat", but it added the additional few mm needed at that time to make the HLC helmet fit "snug". It is not needed now and the HJC has easy removable helmet liners and cheek pads for washing every month or so

I would also highly recommend a light weight "mesh" jacket that has CE Armor in the Back, Shoulders and Elbows as an added extra critical protection that is not a major pain in the A for the child to put on (I was able to get a nice "girlie pink" one for my daughter in Aust for less than $150 and she love sit and puts it on without even being asked

Cheers

SD

By: AndyFTH (offline)  Wednesday, 29 October 2014 @ 02:35 PM ICT  

I personally never saw helmets for kids in Thailand. Maybe order from the internet?

AndyFTH

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 29 October 2014 @ 05:14 PM ICT  

Motorcycle helmets for children are indeed not easy to find in Thailand. Therefore talking about them will maybe help motorcycle helmet distributors and dealer to include them in the product line...

The common idea by motorcyclists is that children grow so fast that your child would have not much benefit from the safety that the motorcycle offers... The truth is that, if you buy the helmet correctly, your kid will have the benefit from a good quality helmet for the duration of the helmet lifetime (about 3-years).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association