By: PeterC (offline)  Sunday, 10 August 2014 @ 06:22 PM ICT (Read 2174 times)  

Hi,
I drove my Vespa Piaggio Sprint 150cc -1968 from Hanoi to Bangkok via Lao, entered Thailand last Sunday. The Vespa needs to be re-exported by the end of the month. My goal is to keep it with me for the time I'm working in Bkk (contract end aug 2016) then export it to Europe.
Does anyone know of an import agent that can help me to prepare all documents and the process, so I can drive the Vespa to Cambodia and the re-enter with the correct permits.
I've read about long term import license, that I can keep it here as long as I re-export. Not resulting in registering the vehicle in Thailand.
Any advise is highly appreciated!

Attached is a picture of the Vespa from the final part of the trip from Vietnam. If anyone would like to experience some great nature and beautiful but very tough roads, then I have some recommendations.

Thks / Peter

Click on image to openClick on image to open

PeterC

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 12 August 2014 @ 07:55 PM ICT  

Hello Peter,

You will have two serious problems when you try to official import/register your 1968 Piaggio-Vespa Sprint 150, the first problem is that the Thai exhaust emission rules are way to strict to allow a two-stroke to pass the environmental testing... The second problem is even a bigger problem, because since a few months it's not possible to import a secondhand motorcycle/scooter into Thailand.

With the help of a classic motorcycle/scooter club you maybe able to get the right paper work to import the Vespa Sprint 150 but you would never be able to register it as a legal public-road vehicle...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: PeterC (offline)  Wednesday, 13 August 2014 @ 10:22 AM ICT  

Thanks for the info!

PeterC

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: magnum (offline)  Sunday, 17 August 2014 @ 06:19 PM ICT  

Would it be easy to import electric scooter they do electric lambretta in Vietnam

magnum

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 17 August 2014 @ 07:00 PM ICT  

For electric scooters and motorcycles a whole set of different rules apply, I'm not 100% sure as II cannot fully remember all the regulations, but I think you can import them without problems.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association