By: hathat (offline)  Sunday, 04 May 2014 @ 04:36 PM ICT (Read 5280 times)  

Hello,

I live in Chiang Mai and own a Honda Phantom TA200. I took it for a small road trip to Pai and soon realized that it doesn't quiet have enough kick on the hills and also struggles to hit 100km on the flat hwy. This is pulling me and two bags.

So I'm looking into getting an aftermarket air intake and exhaust system upgrade to get a little more power. I would like to know what motorcycle shops in Chiang Mai could sort me out with a better flowing exhaust (not too loud) and a K&N style air intake.

If anyone has any other power upgrade recommendations I'd like to hear it. I read that changing the front sprocket to a larger size or rear sprocket to smaller size would result in higher top speeds. However that would make the hill climbs worse, so that idea is on hold till my overall power situation is sorted first.

Also, does anyone know where I buy those cargo bags for this bike that sit on the back?

cheers

hathat

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 04 May 2014 @ 06:33 PM ICT  

For luggage options you best contact Chiang Rai Saddlebags they have a good amount of options that will fit the Honda Phantom TA200.

Website for Chiang Rai Saddlebags is www.crsaddlebags.com/

For the engine performance enhancements we know not much bike shops in North Thailand that work on the Honda Phantom TA200. Maybe you can even ask the owner of the Chiang Rai Saddlebag as I can remember he had a Honda Phantom or something very similar...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: hathat ()  Monday, 05 May 2014 @ 04:15 PM ICT  

Thanks for that, they have exactly the saddle bags I need.

As for performance upgrades,, I'm still on the look out. I think I found a shop on Chang Moi rd. that will do the work if I bring the parts. But I have a feeling a lot of shops will do that. Now where to find performance parts for my bike.... that is the question

By: Anonymous: maaka ()  Wednesday, 21 May 2014 @ 03:15 PM ICT  

Kia Ora

some handle 120kmph two up no problem, some 100kmph, depends on the chain sprockets ratio..
also the carb cannot be adjusted, so a Mikuni carb can improve matters..and change your oil to a 20W 50, or a 10w 40..
I prefer the 20/50 helix...check you spark plug if right Number...you should be able to look at the end of a plug and tell exactly from the coloration whats wrong engine wise...

By: Anonymous: wdwflash ()  Friday, 23 May 2014 @ 06:58 AM ICT  

Chiang Rai Saddlebags has an aftermarket duel exhaust that should help. It gave my Phantom a little more HP. I experimented with jetting. A 1mm washer under the top of the needle jet rod gets more fuel/hp.Drill out the relief hole on the top of the carb slide to 3mm(that's what the needlejet is attached to.) That gives you faster response. I drilled out a main jet to 1.5mm, but it was too much. My next step is to try 1.25 mm on the main jet.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 23 May 2014 @ 11:07 AM ICT  

At the risk of being facetious, If you like the TA as an overall bike the best performance upgrade would be to sell it and buy a TA150.

You will gain 10hp by doing nothing but change.

Then for sure you can attain more than 100 kph at the expense of low down torque when riding around town. TA150 has more toque is is just higher up the rev range.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Friday, 23 May 2014 @ 04:18 PM ICT  

I not want to be the one to tell, but selling your Honda Phantom TA200 is now the best thing to do. Buy yourself a new Lifan or Keeway 250cc V-twin, they will be soon available with modern electronic fuel injection and have depending on which brand you buy 2 or 3-years factory warranty.

The 50cc and being a twin cylinder gives you a pretty good performance increase over the single cylinder 200cc Honda Phantom TA200...

The Honda Phantom TA200 is still a good machine, but with regular performance upgrades you will never be satisfied....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association