30 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: Anonymous: Bob ()  Sunday, 06 April 2014 @ 06:34 AM ICT  

I think that if somebody wants to buy a classic/retro-look motorcycle like the 2014 Yamaha SR400, they not much care about performance.

On the other hand the new Yamaha SR400, with very modern electronic fuel-injection system, will outperform many high powered motorcycles when it comes to fuel consumption. The Yamaha SR400 will give you the best amount of kilometers per liter fuel, about 28.5 kilometers per liter fuel.

By: Matty (offline)  Monday, 07 April 2014 @ 03:05 AM ICT  

If you want fuel consumption then buy a skateboard,
I cant believe Yamaha have wasted their time building a bike like this, twin shock poor handling, underpowered slug and it does not even come with electric start. Then they have the balls to charge 265,000 baht. Totally crazy.
The only people I can see buying this are pensioners who want to re live their teen years when bikes like this were state of the art.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Red Ride ()  Tuesday, 08 April 2014 @ 08:40 AM ICT  

Quote by: David

The SR400 is a very disappointing 265,000 bt.

What's your source Red Ride?

Yamaha Thailand

By: Max (offline)  Wednesday, 09 April 2014 @ 11:01 AM ICT  

It is the high level of import duty levied by Thailand on this Japan made import. Without it it would be no more expensive than the 183,000 baht price in Japan. Yamaha aren't to blame for the price in Thailand.

Max

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Aging Farang ()  Friday, 11 April 2014 @ 09:27 AM ICT  

Quote by: Matty

If you want fuel consumption then buy a skateboard,
I cant believe Yamaha have wasted their time building a bike like this, twin shock poor handling, underpowered slug and it does not even come with electric start. Then they have the balls to charge 265,000 baht. Totally crazy.
The only people I can see buying this are pensioners who want to re live their teen years when bikes like this were state of the art.

By: Anonymous: Joesy ()  Friday, 23 May 2014 @ 11:51 PM ICT  

I think very overpriced in Thailand and europe.
Just a 400 ccm motorbike without any special (high tech) technical part.
Shame.

By: lizard (offline)  Friday, 30 May 2014 @ 09:15 AM ICT  

I read that the Yamaha SR 400 will go on sale in U.S.A. for a price of $5,999.00(about 192,000 Thai Baht).I believe
they will not sell there as they did poorly when introduced there back in the day as a 500cc model. Real bargains will be found
after a year or two when dealers will try to sell left over machines at super discounted prices. A small group of enthusiasts
will snap up the first models to arrive at retail +.
I love the bike, but I have owned Nortons and triumphs(and other brands) all my life until retired in Chiangmai.
Yes--over priced and underpowered, but great fun, and cool machines. Lizard

lizard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: cliftos (offline)  Saturday, 31 May 2014 @ 12:46 PM ICT  

Yep... agree with Lizard.. a very nivce little bike and ready reno... Im just wondering when they hit the shops?.. I live in Laos and need to import so a shop near Nong Khai or Udon would be very handy?

Also, regarding the electronic start... Im not familiar with mechanics of the these things but can they be retrofitted, or is it possible for them to factory fit in Thailand? Would appreciate some comments on this...

cliftos

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 31 May 2014 @ 02:10 PM ICT  

Quote by: cliftos

Yep... agree with Lizard.. a very nivce little bike and ready reno... Im just wondering when they hit the shops?.. I live in Laos and need to import so a shop near Nong Khai or Udon would be very handy?

Also, regarding the electronic start... Im not familiar with mechanics of the these things but can they be retrofitted, or is it possible for them to factory fit in Thailand? Would appreciate some comments on this...

About the Yamaha SR400 not having a electric starter motor is according to some Yamaha people I spoke with not a problem at all... The 2014/2015 Yamaha SR400 is equipped with the latest electronic fuel injection which gets all sorts of information about the environment at the moment you want to start the engine that it's very easy to start the SR400...

I asked about the compression, as the general single-cylinder 400cc is not very easy to kick-start, my experience based on a Suzuki DRZ400 (other style machine but still a 400cc single-cylinder). The guys from Yamaha ensured me that you could easily start the Yamaha SR400 even for an older person...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: lizard ()  Saturday, 31 May 2014 @ 02:20 PM ICT  

There is no retrofit and no provision for electric start in this design. Personally, I prefer kick start,
especially on this bike. They are very easy to start, and with EFi, starting will most likely be a one kick
operation. A low battery charge will not require a hill or a push to start as well.
Lizard

Click on image to open

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 31 May 2014 @ 03:05 PM ICT  

I've read reports of people actually 'kick' starting the SR400 by hand!

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 31 May 2014 @ 09:00 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

I've read reports of people actually 'kick' starting the SR400 by hand!

The people from Yamaha told us the same story, but not lets get ahead of ourselfs ... the Yamaha SR400 will be soon enough in the showrooms...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: cliftos (offline)  Sunday, 01 June 2014 @ 09:06 AM ICT  

Thanks for the input... Ive been running around Vientiane on a Honda 110 for the past four years... the electric start hasnt worked in 6months... and I must confess it peeves me to kick start the thing... I mean, finding neutral and then hitting the kick start when its tropical heat is just not fun... my Honda 110 also starts first time no problem... but??!!!! Call me lazy... I would need to seriously consider this issue..

cliftos

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 01 June 2014 @ 01:40 PM ICT  

For the people who cannot wait to see the new 2014 Yamaha SR400 in the Thai showrooms, you can build your own from paper… All you need is a color printer and a good scissor or model-building cutting knife.

First you need to download the File “Build-your-own-Yamaha-SR400_color.pdf” which needs to be printed. After that you need to download the build instructions which tells you how to put all the little pieces together….

It’s a great way for killing some free time…

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 08 July 2014 @ 09:44 PM ICT  

We have uploaded the Yamaha SR400 owner's manual in English.

You can download the English Yamaha SR400 owner's manual for free here:

- Yamaha SR400 Owner's Manual (English)

Remember this user manual is for the 2014 and later Yamaha SR400

news

Group Comfort
Level:

30 posts :: Page 2 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 170 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association