By: squareflips (offline)  Tuesday, 11 March 2014 @ 08:22 AM ICT (Read 2146 times)  

I keep my registration sticker in those plastic tubes and attached it to the motorbike. Today, I noticed its missing. It was either stolen or it fell off as the hinge is still attached but the tube is gone. What are the steps to get a new sticker? I assume i will need to file a police report. Anyone know what it is called in thai?

squareflips

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: bobby ()  Tuesday, 11 March 2014 @ 09:12 AM ICT  

Quote by: squareflips

I keep my registration sticker in those plastic tubes and attached it to the motorbike. Today, I noticed its missing. It was either stolen or it fell off as the hinge is still attached but the tube is gone. What are the steps to get a new sticker? I assume i will need to file a police report. Anyone know what it is called in thai?

By: Anonymous: bobby ()  Tuesday, 11 March 2014 @ 09:14 AM ICT  

Quote by: squareflips

The sticker is the proof that you paid your registration fee and road tax. The easiest way to fix it is to pay the registration fee and road tax again...

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 11 March 2014 @ 06:16 PM ICT  

I was recently told by a Thai friend that those plastic cylinders for carrying the 'sticker' are illegal!

But then so is not wearing a helmet! Roll Eyes

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, 11 March 2014 @ 09:57 PM ICT  

The same happened to me, the screws of the tube are too short and that's the prob.
Just go to the DLT and get a new sticker, it's not expensive but I forgot the value.

By: Matty (offline)  Thursday, 13 March 2014 @ 06:56 PM ICT  

I would just forget about the sticker, and when your rego is due again just pay it and get the new 2558 year sticker.
If the police happen to stop you just plead ignorant and say " It was there yesterday, It must have been stolen or fell off"

I asked my Thai friend what he would do and he said the same thing, just wait for next year and pay the rego to receive next years sticker. He also said many people don't stick it on their bikes or carry it in a tube and keep the sticker at home and the police seem to be ok with that.
hope this helps.
Matt.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:

By: squareflips (offline)  Thursday, 13 March 2014 @ 08:51 PM ICT  

Thanks for the replies. I just got the sticker last month and for the past few weeks, I've been stopped at checkpoints several times prior to losing the sticker. I will just get a new one and keep it in the storage compartment. Perhaps even scan and print the original and leave that in a tube so its visible.

squareflips

Group Comfort
Level:

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association