By: z28flash (offline)  Monday, 30 December 2013 @ 07:20 PM ICT (Read 3877 times)  

Does anyone know of aftermarket exhaust for the Lifan 250B cruiser? Or for the Dorado 250? Thanks!

z28flash

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 05:21 AM ICT  

The exhaust system of the Lifan LF250-B is compatible with the Yamaha Virago 250 (XV250) or the Yamaha V-Star 250 (XVS250) and you can therefore also look for aftermarket exhaust systems for this two motorcycles.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: z28flash (offline)  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 07:22 AM ICT  

Thanks...I figure I might need to find the exhaust online since I doubt Yamaha dealers in Chiang Mai will carry those pipes, but at least I have a direction to work on! Smile

z28flash

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 11:05 AM ICT  

You maybe in luck, as Yamaha Thailand has parts for the 1997 Yamaha Virago 250 (XV250S) on stock. So it's possible with the right information to order parts for the Yamaha Virago 250 in Thailand.

But the first problem starts when you try to order an exhaust system for the Virago 250, as not much people will know that Yamaha Thailand has stock for this motorcycle, so it's best that you order your pats with the parts numbers used by the Yamaha Thailand. Therefore we have attached with this post the Thai and English page of the Yamaha Virago 250 parts catalog for the exhaust system.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: z28flash (offline)  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 11:30 AM ICT  

Thank you! However, I am looking for after market exhaust, like Jardine exhaust, not just standard exhaust. But I will look at the information, and it will be good to have for future. I have not purchased the Lifan yet, it will be in late January.

z28flash

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 02:00 PM ICT  

Another advice I can give, you should be looking for a Japanese or Australian exhaust manufacturer. Made in another ASEAN country, China or even India is also something should should consider. It has everything to do with import duty.

Regular import duty on motorcycle parts is 30% over the invoice plus additional 7% Thai VAT. Importing motorcycle parts from the above countries will be 0% import duty. Of course you best ask the company to write “Product under Free-Trade Agreement, certified made in Japan”, of course when the product is made in another country say China it should be “China”

Another advice is to prepay the shipping cost and let them send the product without shipping cost on the invoice.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 02:07 PM ICT  

Quote by: z28flash

Thank you! However, I am looking for after market exhaust, like Jardine exhaust, not just standard exhaust. But I will look at the information, and it will be good to have for future. I have not purchased the Lifan yet, it will be in late January.

If you want to buy a 250cc V-twin cruiser around the end of January, it is maybe a good advice to delay your purchase even a month longer.

We already know that Keeway will be introducing the Keeway Blackster 250, which is a modern version of the 250cc V-twin cruiser, with fuel-injection and other modern gadgets. Keeway Thailand already showed the Blackster 250 at the Motor Expo 2013. Also, if Keeway is planning to introduce a modern 250cc V-twin cruiser Lifan cannot be far behind in planning the same thing.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: z28flash ()  Tuesday, 31 December 2013 @ 05:26 PM ICT  

Thanks, that is something to consider, especially as a FI version would be much preferred!!

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association