By: Anonymous: Lee ()  Thursday, 18 June 2009 @ 05:17 AM ICT (Read 5568 times)  

Confusion about Triumph in Thailand. I talked to Britbike company at RCA in Bangkok, they call themselves the official Thai distributor. But Triumph UK sales office calls Brithbike Co., Ltd (Thailand) a Triumph dealer.

So what is Britbike Co., Ltd, Dealer or Distributor?

By: NeilG (offline)  Tuesday, 22 September 2009 @ 12:33 PM ICT  

I went into Triumph recently at RCA and was told the same thing...'they are distributor of triumph" in Thailand.

Got to say i was very impressed by all the staff when i visited the showroom and even spoke to one of the owners and found them to be very honest .

I'm planning on buying a bike from them in Dec. and was hoping that if there is anybody out there who has bought bikes from them ...hows the service?

And when can you expect to get the 'green book' from the dealership after you buy? how many months do it take take?

thanks for any advice you can give me

NG

NeilG

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Anonymous: Scots ()  Tuesday, 22 September 2009 @ 02:18 PM ICT  

I believe the reason why Triumph UK calls Britbike a Triumph Dealer, a distributor needs to sale some sort of target amount of motorcycles. As Thailand is still growing, we can say the whole Thai big-bike market is in a early stage, while Triumph's (UK head office) target is a bit fashioned on the European acceptance of big bikes.

I know 2 persons who actual bought a motorcycle from Britbike, both are still very happy, something what is rare in Thailand after a few years of ownership. If I can remember it correct, the “green-book” was available within a month after the purchase, but this can be faster or a bit slower. This has little to do with Britbike, it all depends on how busy it is at the Department of Transport.

By: NeilG (offline)  Tuesday, 22 September 2009 @ 02:47 PM ICT  

thanks for the advice ....... appreciated.

Hope to be riding again soon. do you know of any good clubs in BKK ?

Looking to hook up with other riders maybe do some weekend trips ... Cool

thanks
NG

NeilG

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 23 September 2009 @ 01:55 PM ICT  

What is in a name, both Official Dealer and Official Distributor sounds good enough, and that Triumph HQ England knows about Britbike says enough they are official Triumph Thailand...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association