By: Matty (offline)  Tuesday, 16 June 2009 @ 04:47 PM ICT (Read 4263 times)  

I have recently purchased a new 08 model 600cc Hornet in my home country Australia.
This is a fantastic bike, plenty of power, light, comfortable and great on fuel.
I intend to come to Thailand for 1 year next year and am thinking this would be a great bike to tour Thailand on, as well as a good day to day comuter.
Is this bike available in Thailand?
I have looked on the Honda Big Bikes website but the english version does not seem to work properly and i have trouble finding my way around on the thai version.
Any help advice is greatly appreciated.
Kop Khun krub.
thanx
Matty.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: biker ()  Tuesday, 16 June 2009 @ 09:45 PM ICT  

Hello Matty,

The answer to your question is a bit more complicated then you probably hoped for. First Honda (Thailand) has no intentions to sell large displacements motorcycles in Thailand.

Large displacement Honda motorcycles sold in Thailand hold little value secondhand.

I personally love the Honda CB600 Hornet, it would be a perfect motorcycle for Thailand, but with recent reorganizations in the Honda regional organization I found that nobody was willing to take the “risk” of introducing a bigger displacement motorcycle in Thailand.

Honda as a brand name is losing fast territory in Thailand, they seem to offer nothing more then 110cc in Thailand and try to tell people, which basically not care about the “environment” that it is good for them.

This is a big shift for Honda Thailand, previous they where know as the market leaders in power. Now they are know as the people who have nothing to show for.

If you come to Thailand buy a Kawasaki ER6N, it is a powerful … but very capable touring bike, which is holding its value for a long time...

By: Matty (offline)  Wednesday, 17 June 2009 @ 08:23 PM ICT  

Its a shame that Honda has lost touch with the thai public as i rate Honda bikes as top quality and ultra reliable.
Your advice to buy the Kwaka ER6N is much appreciated, I did look at that model when i purchased my Hornet.
Hopefully i will be able to pick up a low kilometre second hand ER6N at a reasonable price.
Thanx very much
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association