40 posts :: Page 3 of 3
By: Anonymous: bib ()  Saturday, 21 September 2013 @ 12:16 PM ICT  

On my little pocket calculator I just figured out that the Suzuki V-Strom 650 is cheaper than the Kawasaki Versys. The Kawasaki Versys cost 313,000 Baht and this price is without voluntary insurance and registration, which is included in the Suzuki V-Strom 650 price (350,000 Baht).

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 21 September 2013 @ 12:27 PM ICT  

Quote by: bib

On my little pocket calculator I just figured out that the Suzuki V-Strom 650 is cheaper than the Kawasaki Versys. The Kawasaki Versys cost 313,000 Baht and this price is without voluntary insurance and registration, which is included in the Suzuki V-Strom 650 price (350,000 Baht).

Not sure how you calculated that, the Kawasaki Versys cost 313,000 THB, and registration is about 6,000 THB and a good all-risk voluntary insurance is about 18,000 THB which makes 337,000 THB.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650 costs 350,000 THB including voluntary insurance and registration....

Still the Suzuki V-Strom 650 is a great deal for an imported / Japanese made motorcycle. The Kawasaki Versys is a Made in Thailand product.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: bib ()  Saturday, 21 September 2013 @ 02:23 PM ICT  

Why they not show the new Suzuki V-Strom 650 DL650 at the Suzuki Avenue on Phahonyothin Road?

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 21 September 2013 @ 03:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: bib

Why they not show the new Suzuki V-Strom 650 DL650 at the Suzuki Avenue on Phahonyothin Road?

According to one personal we spoke to at Suzuki Thailand, the original idea was one Suzuki V-Strom 650 at the Suzuki Avenue on Phahonyothin Road, and the other would be displayed at the Promenade Shopping Mall on Ramindra Road. The problem started when the people who transported the goods for the Promenade Shopping Mall show moved both motorcycles to Ramintra Road.

Moving one back would cost money and nobody questioned why the transport guys moved both bikes, everybody assumed that somebody else ordered both bikes to Ramintra... The result a complete mesh-up and some people in the office of Suzuki, who had the official plan on a paper in front of them told many people (potential customers) that they could also see the Suzuki DL5650 at the Suzuki Avenue on Phahonyothin Road..... resulting in a complete mesh-up...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 21 September 2013 @ 03:27 PM ICT  

What a complete stuff up!
Doesn't look good for 'professional' sales and service from them for their customers.

"Your new bike is ready but delivery took it to a shopping mall."!

Too expensive to bring one from the mall back to their showrooms eh?
They must be on avery tight budget.
Unbelievable.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 21 September 2013 @ 03:57 PM ICT  

All this nonsense doesn't detract from the fact that the DL 650 is a darn good bike and it's good that they are available here.
Tomorrow I'll be travelling a very long way to the shopping mall to inspect them.
Hope they're still there.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 18 January 2014 @ 05:58 PM ICT  

At launch last year in Bangkok they were 350,000 baht (on the road).
How much are they now?

By: Anonymous: David ()  Monday, 20 January 2014 @ 10:52 AM ICT  

Still at the very reasonable price of 350,000 baht plus 'on road' costs.

By: Anonymous: Evan ()  Friday, 31 January 2014 @ 11:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

I am moving to Thailand in the next month or so. Can you tell me what those 'on road' costs might be?

So far I gather that:

Registration = 6000 (per year or one time?)
Insurance = 18000 (per year I assume...?)

Anything else? Plates, etc.?

Also, can anybody comment on the availability of parts and service country-wide? I am going to be living near Rayong and hoping to tour much of the region. Also if you have any advice for accessories/luggage/etc. other than Touratech (CRAZY EXPENSIVE!!).

Thanks!!

Evan

By: Anonymous: surinlad52 ()  Friday, 30 January 2015 @ 09:50 PM ICT  

Quote by: Evan

Quote by: David

I am moving to Thailand in the next month or so. Can you tell me what those 'on road' costs might be?

So far I gather that:

Registration = 6000 (per year or one time?)
Insurance = 18000 (per year I assume...?)

Anything else? Plates, etc.?

Also, can anybody comment on the availability of parts and service country-wide? I am going to be living near Rayong and hoping to tour much of the region. Also if you have any advice for accessories/luggage/etc. other than Touratech (CRAZY EXPENSIVE!!).

Thanks!!

Evan

Here is the accessories and prices for the V Strom. Copy and paste!

www.thaisuzuki.co.th/bigbike/home.php?id_product=156&type=parts#parts

This is the page for Thai dealers

www.thaisuzuki.co.th/bigbike/home.php?id_product=156&type=shop#shop

40 posts :: Page 3 of 3
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 170 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association