By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 07 September 2013 @ 10:22 AM ICT (Read 8192 times)  

In 2012 both the PCX and the SH models got a new engine.

Do we know if the current SH 150 available here in Thailand and made in Vietnam has the new post 2012 engine like the PCX 150 or is the old 150 engine similar to the now Click 125i

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 10 September 2013 @ 09:23 AM ICT  

You would think that getting technical information about two scooter engines, currently both being sold in Thailand would be easy.

Flying Squirrel, I believe you are most interested in the Drive Face of the two scooters so I concentrated on that section of the engine.

Therefore we requested the parts catalogs from both scooters, the PCX150i was quick, the parts catalog for the SH150i comes via secondary channels (Honda Vietnam)

Also I would like to mention that the information of the Honda PCX150i is verified, while we still have no confirmation for the SH150i that this is indeed the 2012/2013 SH150i engine.

Of course we keep updating this with new information we receive...

Attached is the Drive Face information for the Honda SH150 and PCX150 scooters

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 10 September 2013 @ 09:34 AM ICT  

I know the PCX and SH have different engine characteristics as J Costa makes two separate variators my question related more to the "vintage " of the SH 150 from Vietnam. Is it in fact a post 2012 model or a pre 2012 model?

We know the PCX 150 is post 2012 because it didn't exist before that but the SH150 has been around for a while in EU.

I'll have to lie on the floor at my nearest Honda dealer:-)

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 10 September 2013 @ 10:15 AM ICT  

It's probably part of Murphy's law that when you post on a forum, you hear a few seconds later that what you posted was wrong.

The SH150i Drive Face PDF I posted in my previous post (no removed), was wrong it was from the pre-2012 model.

Currently I have the same 'updated' information for the 2013 Honda SH150i, and as compare I also attach the pre-2012 Honda SH150 Drive Face information.

Be aware that Honda Thailand claims that both the PCX150i and SH150i are not identical engines, the mechanic I just spoke to confirmed that some parts are used on both models (and use therefore the same part numbers).

This is also the case for the Drive Face assembly for both 2013 scooters, the same roller set weights are used on both the SH150 as the PCX150.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 10 September 2013 @ 10:19 AM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

I know the PCX and SH have different engine characteristics as J Costa makes two separate variators my question related more to the "vintage " of the SH 150 from Vietnam. Is it in fact a post 2012 model or a pre 2012 model?

We know the PCX 150 is post 2012 because it didn't exist before that but the SH150 has been around for a while in EU.

I'll have to lie on the floor at my nearest Honda dealer:-)

The Honda SH150i as sold in Thailand is equipped with the 2012/2013 engine.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Andew ()  Tuesday, 10 September 2013 @ 08:03 PM ICT  

Hello guys, which one is the better scooter?

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 10 September 2013 @ 09:31 PM ICT  

I think that is a personal preference. Go and sit on both.

PCX has a more maxi-scooter frame as opposed to the "conventional" SH. Some like the PCX styling more and it is cheaper. PCX apparently has better under seat storage. There is more bling customizing stuff available in Thailand for the PCX. PCX riding position is a bit more big bike cruiser- like whereas SH is a bit more upright Vespa-like.

SH flat floor is better for carrying a case of beer. SH is a higher spec bike with a rear disc brake and bigger 16" Enkei wheels which allows for a bigger choice of after market tires , also apparently has more suspension travel, if that matters. SH is also has fractional longer wheelbase. If the old bike is anything to go by the SH should have 2hp more at 15.5.

I have a character flaw in that I prefer to be different so I would probably choose the SH at 99,000.

But for currently 135,000 if the info I have is correct and that is what the price sheet I got today says you could get a SYM 300i GTS but it is physically a lot bigger but cannot easily carry a case of beer! The 135,000 is for the "old" model as the new one has a very slightly larger engine 278 vs 263 but 35,000 is not a lot for a whole lot more and something like 23.5hp and a top speed of 140 kph. But again it is a touring scooter ie, bigger and not an urban runabout.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 12 September 2013 @ 09:17 AM ICT  

Quote by: Andew

Hello guys, which one is the better scooter?

On paper, and purely theoretical, the Honda SH150i should be more stable riding a straight line, while the Honda PCX150i with its smaller wheels should be able to handle sharp turns more easily.

But we talking here about a 150cc scooter and the overall length of the vehicle and other geometrical figures I doubt that many riders feel much difference in the road handling of the two scooters.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association