By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 27 August 2013 @ 12:16 PM ICT (Read 2460 times)  

According to the press worldwide, the 2013 Ninja 300 reset the standard for lightweight sportsbikes and has continued to reign as the best bike in the lightweight category in the 12 months since its debut. The newest challenger, the Honda CBR500R, in the class comes equipped with an engine that is almost 60% larger than the Ninja's, but is still wasn't enough to knock the amazingly effective Kawasaki off its throne.

Here are a few headlights of what the several magazines say:

'..it's a more viscerally exciting motorcycle to ride.'

'But the Kawasaki just screams fun every time I swing a leg over it.'

'The Kawasaki brakes felt crisper and more responsive by comparison, with the intervention threshold feel a bit higher.'

'I appreciate the added performance, so I chose the Kawasaki as the better of these two bikes.'

'The Kawasaki's agility allows it to seemingly be pot anywhere in a corner you desire at any time; the Honda CBR500R demands a lot of lean angle to carve anywhere near those same lines.'

'There's a reason that Kawasaki's smallest Ninja has been an occupant of motorcycle's best-seller list in the US since its inception some 30 years ago.'

'The Kawasaki Ninja 300 is the one bike that you really don't have to outgrow.'

'If you're looking for the best bang for the buck, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 is one bike we can recommend heartily.'

So after reading this what do you think, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 or the Honda CBR500R, which of the two is better?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 28 August 2013 @ 11:32 AM ICT  

One could agree that it is a '..it's a more viscerally exciting motorcycle to ride.' So more suited to the spirited sport bike rider?

But there isn't a sit up version like the CB500X.

So the choice would only be between the CBR500R and the Ninja 300. 500 for relaxed touring as it is faster and more powerful. Spirited riders will enjoy ringing the most out of the 300 as they know it is more fun to go fast on a slower bike than it is to go slow on a faster bike.

Each will have it's own following.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 28 August 2013 @ 12:37 PM ICT  

You're right, the Honda CB500F outsells the CBR500R, the CB500X came much later so hard to compare.

Also you really need to love a revving engine to enjoy the Kawasaki Ninja 300 more than the Honda CBR500R. The 471cc parallel twin engine from Honda is much more forgiving than the 300cc parallel twin from Kawasaki, with the Ninja 300 it's important that you stay in the powerband rev range otherwise you loose power. The Honda engine has a wider power range, which makes it much more friendly for first time riders.

And even for novice riders, doing daily commuting the Honda is probably the better bike, just because you not always want to race to work...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 28 August 2013 @ 12:46 PM ICT  

just because you do not always want to race to work...

Depends on location? When I lived in Rayong I enjoyed commuting on an NSR250, Peace Now I live in BKK and never ride it. Embarrased

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association