12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Ginjaninja (offline)  Saturday, 29 June 2013 @ 08:02 AM ICT (Read 6006 times)  

Hello forum members,
My name is Ginjaninja and I've just joined the forum hoping to meet some fellow bikers in the vicinity. We have a small biking community in Prachuap Kiri Khan but don't get the opportunity to get out much.
Next month a few of us will be departing Hua Hin on the 4th and heading North on a predetermined route (hopefully) and returning on the 7th. It will be no longer as most of us have other commitments.
If anyone is interested, please get in touch. Bikes will be ranging from the CBR250 and bigger.
Honda CBR
GN.

Ginjaninja

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Tuesday, 02 July 2013 @ 06:09 PM ICT  

Wow, you seem a little lacking in your information.

North ? 1 km or all the way to Mae sai ? Stop overs ?

Can people join along the way ?

Love your area down there at the sleepy little beach town, up here up north wonderful riding abound

By: Ginjaninja (offline)  Friday, 12 July 2013 @ 09:11 PM ICT  

There was little interest on this forum so further information was not given.
Check out this link:
http://www.ontheroadasia.com/kanchanaburi.php

Thai Bike
GN.

Ginjaninja

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 14 July 2013 @ 07:03 AM ICT  

When you give little information, you will get little interest/
I had asked for more and heard nothing

By: Ginjaninja (offline)  Sunday, 14 July 2013 @ 01:43 PM ICT  

Jeffrey,
perhaps if you were a little less condescending in your posts I would have bothered to reply.

If anyone is interested in meeting up in future then get in touch through the Hua Hin forum 'bikers thread' or 'On the Road Asia' website.

Thumbup
GN.

Ginjaninja

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Monday, 22 July 2013 @ 09:45 AM ICT  

Quote by: Ginjaninja

Jeffrey,
perhaps if you were a little less condescending in your posts I would have bothered to reply.

If anyone is interested in meeting up in future then get in touch through the Hua Hin forum 'bikers thread' or 'On the Road Asia' website.

Thumbup
GN.

If you had read my First post, it was there to help you get more interest in your ride as well to check if some of us "Northern" riders would like to join in.

unlike this post, nothing "condescending" Just trying to help a fellow biker, maybe slightly inexperienced with posting ride information, And suggestion ways that help attract more interest from fellow riders

I have also read your posted blog "www.ontheroadasia.com/kanchanaburi.php" As well as searched for other ride reports you have done.

However saying that, I am glad I nor any of my riding friends did not endanger ourselves riding with a group that has trouble staying on a main route, going anything near the posted speed limit, negotiating traffic, And using a bike trip as an excuse to do beer runs and sample the wears in the next town over. Sadly you seem to be more of the "norm" than the exception in the riders around Thailand and one reason Thailand has the highest death rates on the road anywhere in the world.

I do wish you the best, stay safe, also think of the safety of other riders around you, And stay close to home

By: news (offline)  Monday, 22 July 2013 @ 10:48 AM ICT  

It is incorrect that Thailand has the highest fatality rate per inhabitants when it comes to traffic accidents. Actual Thailand is not even in the top 50.

The top 10 countries with the highest road fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants per year are Eritea, Cook Islands, Egypt, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Angola, Niger, United Arab Emirates, The Gambia, Iran and Mauritania. The list are 12 countries as roadside bomb count maybe for the high rate in Afghanistan and Iraq.

To complete the list on number 55 we can find Malaysia, on number 58 we find Myanmar, on 65 we find the Philippines and Thailand comes in at spot 69 on the list of road fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants per year. As example the United States of America is on location 119 in the list of road fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants.

It is maybe interesting to see how your own home country compares to Thailand, therefore you can download the full list yourself at download section... See World Wide Road Fatalities per Inhabitants.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Ginjaninja (offline)  Monday, 22 July 2013 @ 11:34 AM ICT  

Jeffrey,
you're welcome to join us in future, my only concern is the enjoyment may be too much for your old heart.

Please share your ride reports....Chiang Mai and vicinity will be on the cards later in the year I hope.

Wink
GN.

Ginjaninja

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Tuesday, 23 July 2013 @ 10:34 PM ICT  

Depends if you believe the Thai government reported statistics or the World Health Organization

I stick with my statement

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 23 July 2013 @ 10:56 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

Depends if you believe the Thai government reported statistics or the World Health Organization

I stick with my statement

The data is based on a report from the United Nations...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 14 August 2013 @ 10:15 PM ICT  

In a report from Pulitzer Center, Thailand leads the list of motorcycle accidents / fatality. Of course this data is also not 100% correct as not all countries in the world specify car, motorcycle and bicyclists accidents separate.

roadskillmap.com/#14.859850400601037,105.0732421875,4

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Permdig (offline)  Friday, 27 May 2016 @ 12:28 AM ICT  

Sounds like a great trip.

Permdig

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association