10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: johnefallis ()  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 08:25 AM ICT (Read 9768 times)  

Tiger Motorcycle dealer in Bangkok.

1865 Phahon Yonthin Road, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900.

It is a few km north of the Mo Chit BTS station or the Phahon Yonthin MRT station, on Phahon Yonthin Road between Phahon Yonthin soi's 33 and 35. Set back off the road a little, sort of in the parking lot of the big Eagle/Goodyear service center. About 50 baht taxi ride north a couple kilometers from the BTS/MRT, or any bus going north. It's just past the Cineplex there on the left (west) side of Phahon Yonthin Road.

Contact Pariya Manomalphibul, tell him John Fallis sent you. You'll get a free gift and even more if you end up purchasing.

Oh yeah, phone numbers are 0-2511-2270, 0-2511-2471

but you can also get him on his mobile 089-201-8147

John

If you have any problems, let me know, I'll walk you in there myself.

I prefered to give you a link that included photos and specification sheets, but this forum would not allow it. Instead the inserted the following near useless link into my post:

www.boxermc.info/locator/index.php?mode=locdetail&id=20090509164437832&origin=20090320080412818

P.S. To admin & webmaster & site owner, for over a year now this has been the most difficult site to use, navigate, post or find anything on. What does it take to get your attention that you are doing something seriously WRONG? It took numerous attempts to even make this post, with previous experience, even with an account that I can't sign into, "error" "error" "error" is all your site know's how to say, even with the right information input or before doing anything at all!

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 09:46 AM ICT  

He John,

The Tiger dealer locator (http://www.boxermc.info/locator/) works fine at our side, what doesn't work if you use it?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: johnefallis ()  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 01:02 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

He John,

The Tiger dealer locator (http://www.boxermc.info/locator/) works fine at our side, what doesn't work if you use it?

Well, now that you ask. not only does your site often not work well and takes numerous tries and a lot of effort to use, but your locator at

http://www.boxermc.info/locator does nothing but gives an address, and that is less than correct.

And EVERYBODY knows how well Thai addresses work. HAHAHAHAHA!

So here we go.....

These are the 2 listings it gives me with distances from Hua Lumpong Railway Station, or Hua Lamphong (As the signs, official BTS map, and my GPS call it) Knowing how Thai addresses are so very inconsistent, I can get it past that minor issue.

Tiger Motorsales Co. Ltd (Showroom) 1865 Phaton Yothin Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900 11.93
Lopburi Bus Station, Thailand Lopburi Bus Station, Thailand 118.47

Right away I wonder, "Is there really a Tiger Dealer at the Lopburi Bus Station?", but since it is over 100 km away I quickly dismiss that and pursure the other listing. Just an address.

Next thing I notice is "Phaton Yothin Road", and think, oh crap, I know where Phahon Yothin Road is, and I've seen signs for Phalon Yothin Road, but never sure exactly where that is, so I read on further.....

So then lets get to the "Iadyao" part. Oh crap again, is that a capitol "i" in ladyao, or and "L" in lower case? Could they possibly mean "Lat Phrao" (again, the spelling from the signs, the official BTS map, my GPS, google, etc).....

So I start trying to find in google maps, these are 5 of the tries and variables used, and the results:

We were not able to locate the address:
1865 Phaton Yothin Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900

1865 Phahon Yothin Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900

1865 Phahon Yothin Road, Lad Phrao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900

1865 Phahon Yothin Road, Lad Prao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900

1865 Phahon Yothin Road, Lat Phrao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900
This one got this result,...it was way up north of Don Muang Airport. Here's the google link, check for yourself.
>Phahon Yothin Khlong Nung, Don Muang, Bangkok, Thailand<
maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1865+Phahon+Yothin+Road,+Lat+Phrao,+Chatuchak,+Bangkok,+10900&sll=36.046845,-115.200864&sspn=0.008987,0.019226&ie=UTF8&ll=13.955975,100.628843&spn=0.043148,0.076904&t=h&z=14

1865 Phahon Yothin Road, Bangkok, 10900
This one also got a result. Showed me a spot on Phahon Yonthin just west of Khampaeng Phet MRT station and just north of Saphan Khwai BTS station. Here's the google link for that too, just to save you the time of having to actually make much effort to properly direct those that come to your forum: maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1865+Phahon+Yothin+Road,+Bangkok,+10900&sll=36.046845,-115.200864&sspn=0.008987,0.019226&ie=UTF8&ll=13.795239,100.563397&spn=0.021589,0.038452&t=h&z=15

Except that neither of those results are anywhere near the Tiger dealer.

At this point you might be thinking, "why didn't the stupid guy just click AGAIN on the link that came up with the address after he did the search to find the 2 listings, the one at the bus station 118 km away (that I doubt exists) or the one that already gave the address information

"Tiger Motorsales Co. Ltd (Showroom) 1865 Phaton Yothin Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900 11.93 "

At this point the easiest and nicest thing to say is, "because it really didn't make any sense to".

BUT, yes BUT I went back and clicked it....and I got this cute little google map popped up. Although I would love to keep explaining in excruciating detail this ludicris comedy of misinformation, I'll just say that your little google map points to a place quite a ways north of where the actual Tiger Dealer Showroom is.

As if that wasn't enough, I also asked someone that HAD actually bought a bike from them where it was, and he put me in the general area.
I got to the Mo Chit BTS station, so fairly close to the dealership, then I thought, well, I'll just take a taxi, hahahahahaha, my Thai girlfriend with me, first sevaral taxi's said they had no idea where it was, then on thought he'd just get a fare either way and said yes. He had no idea, tried taking me to the "Fino" dealership, meaning of course Yamaha. Tiger, Fino, Yamaha, none of those sound alike in English or Thai. Oh well, I thought for sure a motorbike taxi would know, so we went to the motorbike stand, you know, where there are several motorbike taxi's waiting for customers. After a lot of Tigerrrrrr, Tigerrrrrr, Tigerrrrrr, in the conversation, nobody had a clue. The taxi's all were also shown the address, but none knew where it was.

My poor girlfriend. It was her only day off, I was getting pissed. So there we were at a cineplex about 20-30 km from home and decided we would give up and just see a movie.

Nothing on we wanted to see. So we walked outside and just walked a bit to see if there were any numbers on the buildings we could use as a reference for 1865 Phahon Yonthin, could not find any. Crap. Saw a cop, thought "Hey, he must know where it is, they all ride Tigers", It really was a good idea, because a lot of them do know where it is, that one didn't know. The kid that heard me talking to him tells my girlfriend in Thai that it is just up about 1 block and over to the left one block.

I was scratching my head because we were standing on Phahon Yonthin, how could it be a block to the left? The kid was sure of himself, so we thanked him and walked about 50 meters and over a fence you could see an old Tiger sign about 50 meters or so back off of Phahon Yonthin. Hmm, could THIS be it? It was.

So doing the only thing that made any sense to me, I came up with some simple instructions people could use to ACTUALLY find the Tiger Dealer and then posted it.

Then I went into google and posted a "Point of Interest" titled "Tiger Motorcycle Dealer Bangkok", but it has not been approved by them so it isn't listed yet.

Clear enough for you?

Any other questions?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 01:29 PM ICT  

The main problem of our website is the hosting, we experiencing problems with one of the servers, this will be fixed in a week, maybe two.

For the boxermc.info website, we developed the software they us, the data entered is nothing we control. If you believe that the data they are using is incorrect, I suggest you contact them. They have also a forum….

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: johnefallis ()  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 02:52 PM ICT  

Are you freakin' kidding me? Oh my God, how ridiculous can you guys get.

1. Excuses, excuses, excuses. It's exactly what I expected.

2. Your website hosting is NOT the problem, unless of course you mean yourselves as the hosts. It's been the same for almost a year that I've been familiar with it.

3. The software is incredibly flawed, as if I haven't made that blatently obvious yet.

4. YOU DO CONTROL the content. Just as you removed the link I previously provided for the benefit of the people visiting your forum. You also should validate the information YOUR website provides. Un-freakin-believable.

5. It's YOUR website, why the hell should "I" contact them? I could give a crap less at this point, you people have wasted enough of my time, including trying to help you out. I know where the Tiger dealer is now, NO THANKS WHATSOEVER to Motorcycle Thailand.

TiT or should I say TiMT, This is Motorcycle Thailand.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 May 2009 @ 09:44 PM ICT  

Hello John,

The good part of your complains is that we got a approval to move motorcycle.in.th to a new server. I guess we need to thank you for some part we for your input...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: ?? ()  Sunday, 20 September 2009 @ 03:51 PM ICT  

I visited main office on Saturday and asked about test ride.
There were only a few models in the office for display against my expectation
and no one was for test ride even though this is main show room.

Unfortunately manager was not there and a staff made a call to her
boss. We talked through phone in some English and Thai and managed to
promise to arrange test ride on next Monday.The manager told me to make
a phone call or e-mail so I left my mobile number and mail address to the staff and
left there with some brochures in my hands.

There was no other customers in the office. Some local Thai men were sleeping
on the sofa with Japanese TV anime in full volume .......

Since then I had no reply from them.
Do they never expected non-Thai will come to the office? or lost my contact?

I would love to purchase a Tiger motorcycle but their sleepy office and response
made enough for me not to go again there.

I found some local retail shops have more stock and better response than main office. But these local shops recommends Honda or Yamaha instead of Tiger.......

By: Anonymous: Mee ()  Sunday, 20 September 2009 @ 10:40 PM ICT  

I hope you really happy with your Yamaha scooter.... Really funny story, Yamaha biggest motorcycle in the market close to the Tiger is 135cc ... 135cc even if you flat on the tank and not eat for a week does not come close to me riding a 250cc Tiger Boxer sitting straight up enjoying the ride....

By: Anonymous: Konstantin ()  Sunday, 10 November 2013 @ 12:02 PM ICT  

Good day! I am in Bangkok fir 2 days, till Nov 12th. Would like to buy Sachs Madass bike: new or even second hand! Can anyone help me with it or may be somebody sells! Will be very thankful for any information! My thai number is 085-092-78-23

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 10 November 2013 @ 12:34 PM ICT  

Sorry, officially Sachs Bikes are not available in Thailand. You can contact Tiger Motorcycles, who was the official distributor before, to ask if they have anything still available.

www.tigermotor.co.th/

news

Group Comfort
Level:

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association