By: sd1415 (offline)  Wednesday, 17 April 2013 @ 07:19 PM ICT (Read 4471 times)  

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a "normal" aftermarket Rear Shock (or Spring) for a MIO 125 RR here in Bangkok.

I don’t need a high end spec like say tthe YSS etc. I am not racing the MIO just trying to “beef up” the rear suspension.

I borrow the wife’s MIO frequently to go to the 7-11, Tesco etc. and our house estate and soi has a lot of speed bumps and my 110kg’s keeps "bottoming out" the rear shock.

...(I am doing my bit to help, I was 120kg and I've lost 10kg's in 3 months).

But its really starting to annoy me, so it is time to replace / upgrade it.

Any recommendation or advice on this rear shock / spring problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

SD

sd1415

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 17 April 2013 @ 07:30 PM ICT  

Hard to recommend anything else than YSS, especially if both you and your wife ride the same scooter, and maybe even sometimes together...

While I agree that YSS shocks are not the cheapest, they work well for heavy and light weighted people. I agree that you quickly associate YSS shocks with racers as almost every bad-boy racer wannabe has them, but they are actual great shocks for your scooter at a decent price...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: sd1415 (offline)  Wednesday, 17 April 2013 @ 11:07 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Hard to recommend anything else than YSS, especially if both you and your wife ride the same scooter, and maybe even sometimes together...

While I agree that YSS shocks are not the cheapest, they work well for heavy and light weighted people. I agree that you quickly associate YSS shocks with racers as almost every bad-boy racer wannabe has them, but they are actual great shocks for your scooter at a decent price...

Thanks News,

I might just have to go YSS, perhaps they have several different specs or models to choose from?

Looks like a trip to our local Scooter Shop to see what they can do for me

Cheers

SD

sd1415

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 18 April 2013 @ 06:35 AM ICT  

Yes, YSS has often two shocks to choose from, one with an external gas reservoir and one without an external gas reservoir.

Another option, what is also something I can recommend is a shock from Bitubo, while I'm not sure if they have a Yamaha Mio 125RR specific rear shock, I know that they are very good quality...

The distributor for Bitubo in Thailand is Super Scooter Shop, which has a nice showroom and an owner who knows what he is talking about. You can contact Super Scooter Shop at 02-224-2490 (Thai language for the best result).

Shocks from Bitubo are like the ones from YSS quickly associated to racing, but that is just the best way to sell aftermarket shocks for scooters... The biggest aftermarket market is boy racers that want to make their scooter look more cool...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: sd1415 (offline)  Friday, 19 April 2013 @ 01:29 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Yes, YSS has often two shocks to choose from, one with an external gas reservoir and one without an external gas reservoir.

Another option, what is also something I can recommend is a shock from Bitubo, while I'm not sure if they have a Yamaha Mio 125RR specific rear shock, I know that they are very good quality...

The distributor for Bitubo in Thailand is Super Scooter Shop, which has a nice showroom and an owner who knows what he is talking about. You can contact Super Scooter Shop at 02-224-2490 (Thai language for the best result).

Shocks from Bitubo are like the ones from YSS quickly associated to racing, but that is just the best way to sell aftermarket shocks for scooters... The biggest aftermarket market is boy racers that want to make their scooter look more cool...

Thanks News, much appreciated mate

sd1415

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Fred ()  Tuesday, 23 April 2013 @ 04:26 PM ICT  

you can get a rear shock with gas for around 1200 baht, Gazi of Shofer brand.

Cheapest YSS will cost you 1900-2000 baht. Not that much difference as it is a good investment for the bike...
you can also get a larger tire instead of the thin factory one... I believe yours come as 70/80, you can change to 90/80 or 100/80. I did on my click. huge difference.

google for
ssb2sing product_754149_en
and
auto2speed product_749594.749607.749721_th

since I cant post URL here..

cheers... Cool

By: sd1415 (offline)  Tuesday, 23 April 2013 @ 06:31 PM ICT  

Quote by: Fred

you can get a rear shock with gas for around 1200 baht, Gazi of Shofer brand.

Cheapest YSS will cost you 1900-2000 baht. Not that much difference as it is a good investment for the bike...
you can also get a larger tire instead of the thin factory one... I believe yours come as 70/80, you can change to 90/80 or 100/80. I did on my click. huge difference.

google for
ssb2sing product_754149_en
and
auto2speed product_749594.749607.749721_th

since I cant post URL here..

cheers... Cool

Thank Fred

Circa 2000 Baht...cheap as...well here I was thinking it was going to cost the same as my Ninja (~15K baht)

Thanks for the tip on the rear tire as well, will see what the lads can do to the Mio

Cheers

SD

sd1415

Group Comfort
Level:

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association