By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 March 2013 @ 01:43 PM ICT (Read 3576 times)  

In a press release which we received Honda explains what the letters mean for the Honda CB 500cc series. The F in the Honda CB500F stands for Free (as in Free you), and the X in the CB500X is for Extreme (as in Extreme You), and against all expectancy the R in the CBR500R stands for Real (as in the Real You).

And people this is not a joke... it's a serious press release... so please do not laugh...

Click on image to open
(Click picture for bigger view)

Of course this doesn't change anything for the motorcycles, they pretty good bikes... still a bit funny

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: silenzo (offline)  Thursday, 21 March 2013 @ 11:51 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

In a press release which we received Honda explains what the letters mean for the Honda CB 500cc series. The F in the Honda CB500F stands for Free (as in Free you), and the X in the CB500X is for Extreme (as in Extreme You), and against all expectancy the R in the CBR500R stands for Real (as in the Real You).

And people this is not a joke... it's a serious press release... so please do not laugh...

Of course this doesn't change anything for the motorcycles, they pretty good bikes... still a bit funny

Quite odd, especially for the "R". Everyone might think it stands for Racing. Or is it only me? Big Grin

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Friday, 22 March 2013 @ 06:44 AM ICT  

Quote by: silenzo

Quote by: news

Quite odd, especially for the "R". Everyone might think it stands for Racing. Or is it only me? Big Grin

Hi Silenzo,

You surely not alone with thinking that the R in CBR500R was for Racing... Actually, from the 10 people I asked all 10 selected the Racing option... so you surely not the only one who has it wrong...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association