14 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Me (offline)  Monday, 25 February 2013 @ 09:01 AM ICT (Read 9609 times)  

What the status with the CB500X?

I went to Big Wing Chiang Mai and they told me to wait for two months Sad Not sure if they are currently available at other Big Wings or if they are technically available in Chiang Mai but there is a 2 month wait list or if the bike is simply not released yet.

Cheers big ears

Me

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Monday, 25 February 2013 @ 10:15 AM ICT  

Honda informed us at a meeting that the Honda CB500X would be available in the beginning of the second quarter of this year. So guess that would be April or May... Other, often well informed persons told us that we should not be surprised if the official launch date will be more the middle of this year...

Our own opinion is that we best wait and see when it actual comes available, worrying about when it comes doesn't make it come earlier....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Me ()  Monday, 18 March 2013 @ 01:42 PM ICT  

Chaing Mai big bike rental shops have them for rent before they are for sale at big wing :O

By: news (offline)  Monday, 18 March 2013 @ 01:44 PM ICT  

Quote by: Me

Chaing Mai big bike rental shops have them for rent before they are for sale at big wing :O

The Honda CB500X is currently available at Honda Big Wing Bangkok for 215,000 THB...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Me (offline)  Monday, 18 March 2013 @ 01:51 PM ICT  

And the accessories are daylight robbery, I shouldn't have to pay 5000 B + for a proper wind screen when it should be fitted with one to start with, same with the center stand. Luggage options are way overpriced but that is normal and last time a got a non factory after market top box put on a bike it was a disaster....

Me

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Monday, 18 March 2013 @ 05:49 PM ICT  

And the accessories are daylight robbery, I shouldn't have to pay 5000 B + for a proper wind screen when it should be fitted with one to start with, same with the center stand. Luggage options are way overpriced but that is normal and last time a got a non factory after market top box put on a bike it was a disaster....

It will probably not take that long before aftermarket luggage and equipment manufacturer manufacturers like Touratech will start to produce accessories and products for the Honda CB500X.

The good part of Touratech is also that the German company produces most of its products in Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Me (offline)  Tuesday, 19 March 2013 @ 10:25 AM ICT  

Plus the custom paint job because the available designs and color schemes are so pathetic. I really like the bike though.

Me

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 March 2013 @ 07:02 AM ICT  

Plus the custom paint job because the available designs and color schemes are so pathetic. I really like the bike though.

The Honda CB500X is a budget motorcycle, a custom paint job as sales option will probably never going to happen. Basically, with the new CB-500cc-series Honda want to do pretty much the same as what Henry Ford did, produce a vehicle which is acceptable by as much people as possible. And with that Honda has succeeded, the Honda CB500X looks good for what it cost, performance of the engine is acceptable...durability hmm we have to wait and see, but it's a Honda so we should not have to question that.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Me (offline)  Wednesday, 20 March 2013 @ 09:23 AM ICT  

Custom as in after market, as in I go to Payawan Motor Shop and get them to do a cool paint job. I don't think the paint style looks good for the price, the X sticker looks like a good bike from the early 90s or a cheap Suzuki farm bike from today.

Many comments I read around the forums are disappointed in the paint design. Would a new paint job at a good aftermarket shop effect the warranty and would I have to update the green book with the new color? Cheers

Me

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 March 2013 @ 10:13 AM ICT  

Custom as in after market, as in I go to Payawan Motor Shop and get them to do a cool paint job. I don't think the paint style looks good for the price, the X sticker looks like a good bike from the early 90s or a cheap Suzuki farm bike from today.

Many comments I read around the forums are disappointed in the paint design. Would a new paint job at a good aftermarket shop effect the warranty and would I have to update the green book with the new color? Cheers

I once asked an inspector of the Department of Land Transport what is the moment we should change the color in our greenbook (motorcycle registration). The question started a good discussion and several of his colleges also contributed to the discussion.

The end result was that if your motorcycle is for example white, than if you change the color of the fuel-tank and side-panels the color of the motorcycle is still a white as you can easily remove the side panels and fuel tank and you will still have a “working” white colored motorcycle.

Of course, this was the main branch of the Department of Land Transport in Bangkok, and while the whole explanation made sense to me and everybody else this would not necessarily work for all Department of Land Transport officers and inspectors nationwide (plus Thai police has often a complete different view of what what is....).

For the warranty if you change the color of the fuel tank, I advice you to consult that with the Honda Big Wing dealer, changing the color of a fuel tank has little to nothing to do with anything mechanical...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 16 April 2013 @ 12:44 PM ICT  

For people who love the new Honda CB500X and would like to read the English version of the Honda CB500X brochure, you can download it here.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Fred ()  Tuesday, 16 April 2013 @ 05:58 PM ICT  

the CB500X is just so ugly to me... I saw it the other day in Bangkok, it looks like a police bike. Big Grin It's a very tall bike.
with 215,000 I would rather buy a ER6n second hand, or a Z250 new for 151,000 THB
the CB500F and CD500R are so much better looking.

I wish there was more 300-600cc bikes in Thailand... Maybe because bikes can ride on highways? Highways are only for cars.

For example, would love to see the Suzuki inaguma 250, Suzuki Gladius 650, Honda CB600f (hornet), Yamaha Fazer 250, Yamaha XJ6, Honda CB300r

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 16 April 2013 @ 07:49 PM ICT  

The Honda CB500X is maybe not the best looking bike out of the new 500cc Honda family, but, when you try them all three you will understand why it is selling very well. The truth is that ideas of what looks good and what doesn't is very personal... lucky for that live would be very boring if, as humans, we liked all things the same...

The Kawasaki ER6N is also the worst road bike when it comes to the ER6 family, the best is without doubt the Versys 650, followed by the Ninja 650 and the ER6N without any weather protection is something what gets quickly boring when you like to explore this beautiful country.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Monday, 22 April 2013 @ 06:42 AM ICT  

We have uploaded the English version of the 2013 Honda CB500X owner's manual (user manual) for everybody to download, the download is absolutely free.

You can download the Honda CB500X manual here English Honda CB500X Owner's Manual

news

Group Comfort
Level:

14 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association