By: Anonymous: Mike F ()  Thursday, 21 February 2013 @ 02:00 PM ICT (Read 1453 times)  

I have a Fino scooter/motor cycle. The picture on the fuel tank filler cover shows a picture of 91 green, which is a bio fuel sold in Thailand, so assumption is that is the fuel to use. However it is not when I used that fuel the scooter went bad and i had to have it repaired and was told to use 91 Red which is petrol fuel. 91 Red seems to be being phased out in Thailand, so what I need to know is what do I have to do to the scooter use 91 Green and if I cannot use 91 Green what alternative Thailand fuel can I use.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 21 February 2013 @ 02:25 PM ICT  

Yes your Yamaha Fino can use E10 class fuel, which is called GASOHOL in Thailand, and due to its compression ratio the Yamaha Fino needs to use RON 91 fuel.

So the correct fuel for you Yamaha Fino is Gasohol 91.

Of course you're not the first who complains that his motorcycle or scooter is not running well with gasohol fuel. The main reason for this is that engines equipped with a carburetor cannot adapt to other fuel in the same way a modern fuel-injection system can. Therefore carburetor motorcycles and scooters are fine-tuned to one specific fuel, and most motorcycle shops tuned the engines to benzine which is now replaced by gasohol.

The fuel they now sell at the petrol stations is 10% ethanol and 90% benzine.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association