By: prolink-R (offline)  Tuesday, 08 January 2013 @ 03:10 PM ICT (Read 6781 times)  

hi guys, im new here so excuse me if ive missed the answer to this question. and the question is......
of all the aftermarket pipes for the ER6 which would you say is the quietest and do any of them run without remapping the fuel?
i had an akra copy on my 2011 Er6 but removed it after a week due to it messing up the low speed fueling but also because i got stopped 3 days in a row by the feds around the railway line in pattaya and it cost me 500 baht each time. i wasnt riding it loudly!
theres a russian guy in my condo (who either doesnt speak english or who isnt interested in speaking to non russians...) who has a zard and that thing is F-loud now hes taken the db killer out. i doubt he crosses the railway line very often.....Smile

prolink-R

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 08 January 2013 @ 04:47 PM ICT  

The Tsukigi Racing ASE02 doesn't need to fuel-remapping, it's a slip-on muffler and is made from aluminum. The Tsukigi slip-on muffler does little to improve performance, other then that it's weight is much less than the original Kawasaki muffler.

Another positive thing of the Tsukigi muffler is that it costs only 5,200 THB slip-on, full set 8,000 THB (suggested retail price). The sound the Tsukigi muffler produces is well within the Thai noise regulation for motorcycles.

Click on image to openClick on image to open

The Tsukigi Racing exhaust system can be used on the Kawasaki ER6N, Kawasaki Ninja 650 and the Kawasaki Versys.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 08 January 2013 @ 05:13 PM ICT  

If memory serves changing the exhaust on any motorcycle will attract the attention of the police in Pattaya.

I have seen the Tsukigi muffler it looks very light and flimsy. Last exhaust I had on a 650 (not ER6) that was that light was very loud when ridden in anger.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 08 January 2013 @ 06:43 PM ICT  

The problem is that official the Thai regulations allows the exhaust system to generate up to 94 dB, but while most exhaust systems are well within that limit they sound louder... and most Thai police not have the right equipment to test dB correctly so often you get stopped by the police for producing to much sound....

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: prolink-R ()  Friday, 11 January 2013 @ 06:52 PM ICT  

thanks for the replies, i have zards on my street triple in the uk and they gave me inner ear damage after 20 miles! i lenthened the db killers by 25mm and now theyre rideable. the zards here sound ok while riding round town unless you take the db out. on the 3 times i got stopped the bib just revved the nuts out of the bike, which of course makes it too loud and a 500bt fine! guess ill just have to bring something over next time and make my own db killer, i want a few more decibels as ive had too many near misses when bikes turn in front of me because they cant hear me approaching from behind.

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association