12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 01 October 2012 @ 04:15 PM ICT (Read 6931 times)  

Not Thai related but as their mantra is "Always Under Development" so is their website.

The new website is http://demo.jcosta.com/

Now why they need a new one is up for question but the Spanish do have long holidays like the Italians so maybe they forgot to renew their domain before going away for a month. Big Grin

Any way they are back up an running. Coming soon variator for PCX150 and suspension units I presume rear shocks for PCX.

The market here in Thailand is quite small but...

Edit: I thought the search engines would pick up on this but so far...

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 06:44 AM ICT  

Good to know that they J.Costa is still around, I also saw that they already have the variator for the new Yamaha T-Max 530.

Also nice to know that they are moving into the suspension market, will you as the Thai distributor of J.Costa also sell them?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 09:58 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

Good to know that they J.Costa is still around, I also saw that they already have the variator for the new Yamaha T-Max 530.

Also nice to know that they are moving into the suspension market, will you as the Thai distributor of J.Costa also sell them?

That is a difficult question. As I said the market at least for me is very small and there is already YSS etc. I mostly sell variators for PCX, Yamaha T-Max as you mentioned, Vespa and even Tiger G-Max Cool. Their exhaust range is limited with nothing for Thai produced scooters except PCX.

The PCX suspension unit is not ready yet so I'll wait until it is before I jump in.

The new PCX scooter eventually made it to Spain so they are working on the development of the new PCX variator which will be available soon. For Thailand this means of course the 150, not the 125.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 12:15 PM ICT  

While YSS has a very good name in replacement suspension the shock they sell for the Honda PCX is nothing special. Especially that I heard prices of over 9,000 THB for it...

Of course I have no idea what J.Costa will offer for rear suspension for the Honda PCX, but if it's from the quality as expected from J.Costa and the price is similar to what YSS is asking for its Honda PCX shock with external gas-reservoir it's possible to have a good market share... Especially if it also looks a bit more funkier...

But yes you should do some serious market research before you jump into the suspension market....

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 12:20 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

That is a difficult question. As I said the market at least for me is very small and there is already YSS etc. I mostly sell variators for PCX, Yamaha T-Max as you mentioned, Vespa and even Tiger G-Max Cool. Their exhaust range is limited with nothing for Thai produced scooters except PCX.

The PCX suspension unit is not ready yet so I'll wait until it is before I jump in.

The new PCX scooter eventually made it to Spain so they are working on the development of the new PCX variator which will be available soon. For Thailand this means of course the 150, not the 125.

Nobody ever contacted you asking for a J.Costa variator for a Sym GTS 300i Evo?

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 12:49 PM ICT  

Nobody ever contacted you asking for a J.Costa variator for a Sym-GTS-Evo-300i_

Not not so far. Any idea how sales are going?

While YSS has a very good name in replacement suspension the shock they sell for the Honda PCX is nothing special. Especially that I heard prices of over 9,000 THB for it...

Of course I have no idea what J.Costa will offer for rear suspension for the Honda PCX, but if it's from the quality as expected from J.Costa and the price is similar to what YSS is asking for its Honda PCX shock with external gas-reservoir it's possible to have a good market share... Especially if it also looks a bit more funkier...

But yes you should do some serious market research before you jump into the suspension market....

If I do jump it will only be in a small way, as with exhausts. So far I only have one variator customer who was interested in "funky" most are after performance and ride-ability.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 02:42 PM ICT  

Nobody ever contacted you asking for a J.Costa variator for a Sym-GTS-Evo-300i_

Not not so far. Any idea how sales are going?

If I do jump it will only be in a small way, as with exhausts. So far I only have one variator customer who was interested in "funky" most are after performance and ride-ability.

A few months ago I visited a Sym up-country road show and was expecting not much... But I was surely surprised to see how much owners showed up, and they where all (with exception of a few) from the area where the road show was....

Click on image to openClick on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 02:56 PM ICT  

What model predominated? 300? 400? I see at least one red 400. Do they have any form of club, forum etc.?

I am happy to get some with the next order.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 02 October 2012 @ 10:31 PM ICT  

What model predominated? 300? 400? I see at least one red 400. Do they have any form of club, forum etc.?

Hmm which model was predominated? It's not so easy if you are overwhelmed with a large group of maxi-scooters, but I would say that I saw more GTS 300i Evo.

I have also no idea if they have formed a club or something like that, probably I will try to contact Sym Thailand to ask if they have more information regarding that...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 03 October 2012 @ 09:55 AM ICT  

Hmm which model was predominated? It's not so easy if you are overwhelmed with a large group of maxi-scooters, but I would say that I saw more GTS 300i Evo.

I have also no idea if they have formed a club or something like that, probably I will try to contact Sym Thailand to ask if they have more information regarding that...

Cheers,

There is a unit listed for 300 but not for 400 at least not on my PDF list

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 03 October 2012 @ 10:09 AM ICT  

Cheers,

There is a unit listed for 300 but not for 400 at least not on my PDF list

Nice to know for the Sym GTS 300i Evo (150,000 THB ) owners who where thinking to buy a Maxsym 400i (220,000 THB ), now with the help of a J.Costa Variator they can easily overtake a Maxsym 400i. Big GrinThumbupBig Grin

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 03 October 2012 @ 01:18 PM ICT  

Nice to know for the Sym GTS 300i Evo (150,000 THB ) owners who where thinking to buy a Maxsym 400i (220,000 THB ), now with the help of a J.Costa Variator they can easily overtake a Maxsym 400i. Big GrinThumbupBig Grin

Easily maybe not? The 300 is only 263cc whereas the 400 is a true 399. Even if we take into account the weight difference the 400 comes out on top of the HP/Kg.

What will be true is that a J Costa equipped 300 will give a 400 rider a huge surprise and put a big grin on the face of the 300 owner. Would be fun to witness.

One thing that is strange is that SYM Thailand only quote the 300 as having 17.2 HP when the 250 has 22.5 on the J Costa dyno and 18.4 with stock variator. This doesn't mean the variator increases HP more it releases the HP that was not available stock.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association