29 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: news (offline)  Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 12:59 PM ICT  

Quote by: Somchai Smith

I believe the price is so high at the moment because at the moment complete bikes are being imported from India and are therefore subject to the high import duty for luxury goods. Originally the bikes were supposed to arrive in CKD form and be assembled byTiger Motors, thereby avoiding the higher tax. The prices were going to be approx 130,000 bht for the 350 and 180,000 bht for the 500. If the importer and Tiger Motors can resurrect the planned arrangement we can expect to see the bikes marketed at the lower prices. Price in India for the 350 is 48350 baht and the 500 is 70000 baht, both plus on road charges. So you can see the huge taxes the Thai goverment is loading on these bikes.

The prices you find on Internet from Indian websites are according to Indian comma placement, so that means that an international 100,000 is in Indian comma placement 1,00,000.

The Royal Enfield Classic 500 costs currently in India 1.61 Lakh (what is in international notation 161,000 Rupee) what is about 91,021 THB.
Click on image to open

The same Royal Enfield Classic 500 EFI costs in England 5195 GBP, which is about 258,329 THB
source: www.royal-enfield.com/prices

The same motorcycle cost in Thailand 280,000 THB, which is 8.4 percent higher that the motorcycle will cost in England. What is not bad.

See attachement for how they place commas in India...
Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 01:05 PM ICT  

Quote by: Somchai Smith

If the importer and Tiger Motors can resurrect the planned arrangement we can expect to see the bikes marketed at the lower prices..

The Thai Royal Enfield distributor and Tiger Motor Co. Ltd never have had a planned arrangement? The only arrangement they had was that they rented a shared booth location for the Bangkok Motorbike Festval.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Sanjay ()  Monday, 03 September 2012 @ 07:41 PM ICT  

Sorry News but you wrong here. 350 Classic is 55193baht equivelant in India on the road. 500 Classic is 70306baht equivelant. I Indian and know what price is here. Also, according to RE marketing, RE distributor in Thailand did have agreement for Tiger to assemble RE bikes. I suggest you phone Khun Phariya at Tiger who will put you straight on these matter. Unfortunately you get your facts wrong. Tiger also had agreement with LML to assemble their Scooters but nothing started yet
Kind regards from Sanjay.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 04 September 2012 @ 09:06 AM ICT  

Quote by: Sanjay

Sorry News but you wrong here. 350 Classic is 55193baht equivelant in India on the road. 500 Classic is 70306baht equivelant. I Indian and know what price is here. Also, according to RE marketing, RE distributor in Thailand did have agreement for Tiger to assemble RE bikes. I suggest you phone Khun Phariya at Tiger who will put you straight on these matter. Unfortunately you get your facts wrong. Tiger also had agreement with LML to assemble their Scooters but nothing started yet
Kind regards from Sanjay.

Dear Sir,

Sorry if I not go into a discussion of what the price of a Royal Enfield motorcycle is in India, our source is Royal Enfield HQ and it's possible that they send us some sort of suggested retail prices for India. Also we know that motorcycle prices in India can different according to the state you buy them, and in the end a 70,000 THB or 90,000 THB doesn't make much difference anyway.

Personally, if anybody wants to try to import a Royal Enfield Classic 500 by himself, he is more than welcome to do so. And if the sales price in India is 70,306 THB you still end up with 231,000 THB imported in Thailand And this 231,000 THB is without without registration and environmental testing which probably will cost another 100,000 THB. So maybe it's not so good idea to import one by yourself...

If you have information on how to do it cheaper please share the information, I'm sure that many people love to hear about that.

Theocratically it seems easy, at least on paper, you import completely knocked down (CKD) motorcycles and assemble them in Thailand so you not have to pay to much customs duty; excise duty and other taxes. But when you try to get all the needed documents and licenses things are getting difficult.

Talking about the facts, are you sure that Tiger Motor Co. Ltd would assemble LML scooters, was it not Millennium Motor Co. Ltd, or one of the other companies registered on the same address as Tiger Motor Co. Ltd? I'm sure that the owner of Tiger Motor Co. Ltd is an intelligent and wise business person, manufacturing your own brand motorcycles, produced from raw materials and partly from imported parts, plus assembling motorcycles for 3rd parties from imported parts or CKD in one company is probably the perfect script for a TAX paying horror movie with many sleepless nights...

Will Royal Enfield motorcycles be assembled in Thailand, who knows, only time can tell. For now the Royal Enfield Classic 500 is only 8.4% more expensive than you would pay for the same motorcycle in England.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: radnoc (offline)  Wednesday, 05 September 2012 @ 10:10 AM ICT  

Rip-off price in England too then. No suprise!

radnoc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: Phineas (offline)  Friday, 07 September 2012 @ 09:39 PM ICT  

So are these prices now confirmed or just rumours? Is the dealership now officially open for business? Is it possible to turn up and drive away with an enfield.....or are we still speculating?

Phineas

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Friday, 07 September 2012 @ 09:50 PM ICT  

Quote by: Phineas

So are these prices now confirmed or just rumours? Is the dealership now officially open for business? Is it possible to turn up and drive away with an enfield.....or are we still speculating?

The price, 280,000 THB for the Royal Enfield Classic 500, was confirmed by the owner of the Thai distributor – the current stock position is something I not know, I had the idea they had motorcycles available... Best thing is to call them

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Troy ()  Saturday, 15 September 2012 @ 08:07 AM ICT  

I have got my Classic 500 it's amazing the ride is much smoother than expected. Still not have plates, but was told that takes some time

Click on image to open

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 15 September 2012 @ 01:36 PM ICT  

Congrats Troy.
I, and maybe many others, would be interested to read 'progress reports' about your bike, especially regarding service and dealer support.
Best wishes with the RE.

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 16 September 2012 @ 09:12 AM ICT  

I will buy into the ride is like a wave and that the top speed may be like a wave (I did 130 kph true speed GPS down a long straight hill but 110 kph is more like it every day)

But wto say it get the same fuel milage KPL I just dont buy into. The wave is rated at 63 kpl I average 65 at 100 kilos but my small wife gets 78 kpl and less than half my weight and slower speed she drives.

I have heard of no one getting much over 20 KPL (50 MPG) with this bike

By: Geoff (offline)  Monday, 24 September 2012 @ 11:59 AM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

I will buy into the ride is like a wave and that the top speed may be like a wave (I did 130 kph true speed GPS down a long straight hill but 110 kph is more like it every day)

But wto say it get the same fuel milage KPL I just dont buy into. The wave is rated at 63 kpl I average 65 at 100 kilos but my small wife gets 78 kpl and less than half my weight and slower speed she drives.

I have heard of no one getting much over 20 KPL (50 MPG) with this bike

But who REALLY want to ride a Honda Wave? I'd prefer to have a leg amputated than be seen riding one.

Geoff

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: brake034 ()  Friday, 09 November 2012 @ 11:39 AM ICT  

Hi Troy,

Are you in Thailand or in India?

regards, Marcel

By: Phineas (offline)  Friday, 26 April 2013 @ 03:43 PM ICT  

Has anyone heard anything more about the Enfield availability?

I have emailed the distributor - no luck. I have phoned - no answer.

Is the situation really about to change?

Or is it time to give up on RE in Thailand.

What are the alternatives?? Anyone have any experience w the Stallion Centaur Classic? Looks nice but very small....Any other suggestions?

Phineas

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Friday, 26 April 2013 @ 03:54 PM ICT  

Quote by: Phineas

Has anyone heard anything more about the Enfield availability?

I have emailed the distributor - no luck. I have phoned - no answer.

Is the situation really about to change?

Or is it time to give up on RE in Thailand.

What are the alternatives?? Anyone have any experience w the Stallion Centaur Classic? Looks nice but very small....Any other suggestions?

For a long time we received no information regarding Royal Enfield in Thailand, also we did not see Royal Enfield at any of the recent Thai motor shows. So it seems that we have to wait until somebody else picks up the distribution for Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

29 posts :: Page 2 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 174 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association