By: Anonymous: Aof ()  Friday, 13 July 2012 @ 06:13 PM ICT (Read 1723 times)  

Hello,

I have a Lifan LF200GY-5, bought it about 7 months ago, and I have a problem with the rear brake. First, I was trying to figured out myself what went wrong with it but I have no idea. Then I went back to the Lifan dealer and they checked the rear brake for a few times. And they said nothing wrong with it and the brake shoe's are not even worn out that much.

The problem is that I think the rear brake is a bit soft, especially when I go down a hill slowly the rear brake feels not that comfortable.

Is there a trick to get more power of the rear brake?.

Aof

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 13 July 2012 @ 07:38 PM ICT  

Hello Aof,

Hard to comment on the stopping power of the rear brake without seeing the machine, but the rear brake on the Lifan LF200GY-5 is, as on most road bikes, less powerful that the front brake.

Also the OEM/stock brake pads on the Lifan LF200GY-5 are not exactly pro trial riding equipment – going downhill slowly sounds very similar to trial riding...

Anyway... we can advice you to change the rear OEM/stock brake pads with brake pads from the 2007 Yamaha YZF-450. This brake pads fit perfectly and your stopping power will increase dangerously...

A set of very good brake pads cost just under 1,000 THB EBC Sintered SV Brake Pads.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association