By: gaur73 (offline)  Monday, 18 June 2012 @ 07:37 PM ICT (Read 1812 times)  

Hello, I am looking for a big(gish) bike. I am 182cm and weigh 115 kilos. I would love to buy a new bike but the prices are out of my range at this time. I'm looking to spend around 60,000 baht for a second hand bike. I like the idea of a cafe racer style bike (Kawasaki Estrella) or a Bobber (out of a Honda Steed) but it seem that most of these bike are invoice only bikes. I would like to be legal just in case and would hate to have my bike taken away. Can anyone recommend a good bike shop where I could find a legal second hand bike. I would like a 250cc to 400cc bike. My primary use for the bike would be weekend cruises around Thailand.

Thank you for your help.

gaur73

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2012 @ 07:01 AM ICT  

For the Bobber style you can take a look at the Lifan LF250-B, Keeway Cruiser 250, or the Keeway Superlight 200. If you really want a classic looking Café racer style bike you probably need to put some elbow crease into it, as currently no manufacturers sell a Café racer style bike for around 60,000 THB.

With secondhand motorcycles for around 60,000 THB you need to have a good amount of luck, some are best described as an overly ripe lemon and some are pretty good purchases.... But you need luck...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: gaur73 (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2012 @ 07:54 PM ICT  

Thank you for the info.....very much appreciated.

gaur73

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association