By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 22 May 2012 @ 08:51 AM ICT (Read 5563 times)  

re Honda parts

" Hi, I went to Mityon in Pattaya on Monday so i could change the oil at 100kms,but they don't have filters in stock yet! One of the pitfalls of getting a new model i guess, and told coming soon we will call you backSmile

Has any one else had trouble getting an oil filter for the CRF? Local Honda Dealer in Pattaya has none, if anyone has a garage with spares i would like to buy one or two if possible and get them in the post.

Cheers. "
(from RideAsia.net)

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 22 May 2012 @ 01:59 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

re Honda parts

" Hi, I went to Mityon in Pattaya on Monday so i could change the oil at 100kms,but they don't have filters in stock yet! One of the pitfalls of getting a new model i guess, and told coming soon we will call you backSmile

Has any one else had trouble getting an oil filter for the CRF? Local Honda Dealer in Pattaya has none, if anyone has a garage with spares i would like to buy one or two if possible and get them in the post.

Cheers. "
(from RideAsia.net)

It's true that motorcycle manufacturers in Thailand are more focused on selling the bikes than servicing them. As we look at your post and the article we received a few days ago by email 'What's Wrong with Spare Parts Supplies?' than you can start wondering how this is going to end...

Here are the two things you need... original Honda 'genuine' part numbers are 15410-KYJ-901 (filter) and 15412-KYJ-901 (Oil Filter Gaskey).

Click on image to openClick on image to open

You can also contact Fast Corner in Bangkok, they are dealer of K&N filters, the filter you want is the KN-111, but still you need the Honda oil filter gasket (did not find any alternatives for that).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 22 May 2012 @ 02:48 PM ICT  

Thank you.
This sure is a very commendable site! Thumbup

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Tuesday, 22 May 2012 @ 09:06 PM ICT  

I do not understand and most times the people at motorbike shops are not the most clever ones in handling a problem.

I thought the engine of the CRF is the same as the CBR, so I assume the oil-filter is also the same?
The CBR's are sold as cookies already for about 1 year now?

Chang Noi

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 22 May 2012 @ 10:29 PM ICT  

Yes, the engine of the Honda CRF250L is identical to the CBR250R, still currently it appears that Honda has some problems with delivering oil filters for the two.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 23 May 2012 @ 08:24 AM ICT  

In total the whole set (oil filter and gasket) should cost about 338 THB, that is 238,50 THB for the Honda 15410-KYJ-901 filter and 100 THB for the Oil FIlter Cover Gasket 15412-KYJ-901. Of course this is just the price of the parts so a mechanic will probably charge more as some labor is involved.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association