Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Thursday, August 21 2014 @ 03:26 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Yamaha Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Yamaha Y-111D - Thailand
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, June 21 2013 @ 05:15 PM ICT  
davidstipek

Well Everyone...

Thanks for those who Honestly Tried their best to help, Thank you!!!!

Since Yamaha has chosen to Ignor my Direct Emails, I did get some help from Japan, but in the end they referred me to the Office in Thailand who was ultimately responsible. I still received "0" response.

........ So we are pulling Yamaha Engines from our line-up nd switching to Suzuki. They might not find everything we need... BUT... They are looking! Thats 200% better then Yamaha. I like Yamaha, I have owned in America Yamaha biggest and best for years. If Yamaha USA could have helped me they would have. They did what they could and referred us, made phonecalls in our behalf... so that not where the fence failed... Everyone has their own opinion, I have mine. Here in S.E. Asia where will I spend my money? Well it won't be at Yamaha's counter...Mark My Word! (I had spent Thousands of USD trying to clean up old stock in warehouses... money Ill spent!)
David

David

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Hoi) Thailand

Profile Email    
By: admin (offline)  Friday, June 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM ICT  
admin

Quote by: davidstipek

Well Everyone...

Thanks for those who Honestly Tried their best to help, Thank you!!!!

Since Yamaha has chosen to Ignor my Direct Emails, I did get some help from Japan, but in the end they referred me to the Office in Thailand who was ultimately responsible. I still received "0" response.

........ So we are pulling Yamaha Engines from our line-up nd switching to Suzuki. They might not find everything we need... BUT... They are looking! Thats 200% better then Yamaha. I like Yamaha, I have owned in America Yamaha biggest and best for years. If Yamaha USA could have helped me they would have. They did what they could and referred us, made phonecalls in our behalf... so that not where the fence failed... Everyone has their own opinion, I have mine. Here in S.E. Asia where will I spend my money? Well it won't be at Yamaha's counter...Mark My Word! (I had spent Thousands of USD trying to clean up old stock in warehouses... money Ill spent!)
David

Dear David,

I can ensure you that everybody is doing their best to help you, but the information is just not available. Maybe in countries like the USA or any other Western country the digital age was early. But in Thailand and southeast-Asia the need to standardly digitally archive motorcycle manuals did not happen. It was in early 2000 that the Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association asked members to keep an archive of previous produced motorcycles.

In the USA and Europe manufacturers are required to inform customers with information regarding a vehicle they both for a set period. But this basic rules and regulations never made it into most Southeast-Asian countries.

We also need to understand that at the time in the mid ‘90’s nobody had any idea that the future of motorcycle manual transfer would be done by the internet. The Internet was in the early ‘90s at its best a geek thing and early adopters of the Internet email…

Therefore the only manuals currently available before 2000 from any manufacturer in Thailand are because they exported the model to a country that had strict rules about instruction manuals.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email Website  
By: Richard (offline)  Friday, June 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM ICT  
Richard

Actually, to be honest if we explain why we would like information regarding an engine we often get ask 'why' answer that a complete new 'modern' engine is not that expensive and it comes with full support and documentation.

Maybe the average Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha engine doesn't fit your budget, but you can buy budget engines with very good support from Thai manufacturers as Tiger Motorcycles or Stallion Motorcycles, and if that is not cheap enough you can always buy an engine from Lifan the worlds largest motorcycle engine supplier (okay they Chinese, but they power allot of vehicles in Thailand).

If you build a custom made motorcycle with a two-stroke engine, it's by definition illegal in Thailand and can be confiscated on the spot by any Thai police officer.... The Thai government, and therefore nationwide enforcable, has a serious crunch against two-stroke engines...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:26 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,422 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER