By: davidstipek (offline)  Wednesday, 11 January 2012 @ 12:32 AM ICT (Read 5534 times)  

As I promised a finish project Picture. (See new Pictures posted 5/18/2013)

Frame is from 2 reenforced Steel Bicycle frames. Stretched 18 inches and lowered 14 inches. Pedals are relocated 18.5 inches forward in new BB housing. Original BB uses axle and sealed bearing to transfer petrol power to right side of bike. Using 4 HD 4 bolt Freewheels and combination of Yamaha gear sets petrol or pedal power is delivered to rear wheel. Bike has complete Disc brake set, front and rear.

Using Kawasaki oil suspension front forks, solid rear suspension and 2 up seat with dual spring cushions. Complete 420 gearsets and 3 chains (engine to frame, frame to Pedal/cranks and frame to rear wheel) frame axle set has one gear with freewheel on left side of bike, frame axle set on right side of bike has freewheel with dual gears (freewheels are HD 4bolt style matching Yamaha Sprocket bolt pattern) - 1 connects to freewheel crank gear at Pedalsthe other gear connects to rear wheel freewheel gear set. Bike has complete lighting and electrical as Motorcycle is equipped. Headlight (H/Lbeam),Tail light, Brakelight (controled by either hand for front or rear wheel) System is using Honda 4 wire rectifier/regulator and a Honda spring activated rear brake switch connected to Caliper arm. Front wheel uses original Yamaha Brake lever switch.

Tank is from Honda Phantom, so ride is extended because of massive quanity of petrol it can hold. 2T tank is below speedometer just above headlight infront forks toget it above Carb and oil pump and in sight of rider for visual monitoring. I have added low level oil light and buzzer, Highbeam indicator and turn signal indicator lights. Yes it will carry 2, top speed with present gearsets 85 Kph. If you look close, you can see where I used original idea foot rests but bent at 45 degree's and relocated 10 inches to rear of bike for passenger use.

Any questions just ask...

Cheers!
Enjoy
David

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Ashley ()  Wednesday, 11 January 2012 @ 01:51 AM ICT  

Not quite ready to buy, but hey -- pretty creative. Congratulations!

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 11 January 2012 @ 06:37 AM ICT  

Your creation surely looks nice

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: davidstipek (offline)  Saturday, 18 May 2013 @ 09:55 PM ICT  

Okay

I know there are a few who thought I was crazy for mixing Bicycle and Motorcycle. I had been given a task to find a solution for Bicycle lighting. Which I did along with adding rectifier/regulator and battery. Took me a week, then I was asked to try to motorize Bicycle, which I did and instead of using Chinese Bicycle motor... I used my good old motor from Yamaha Y80 Belle. Thai Dept. of Transportation was amazed because I have found a way to recycle...also by changing final gear ratio made a safe low speed solution to power 3 wheeled carts, Handi-capp vehicles and as mine a fun retro look.

Bicycle/Yamaha Y80 Belle worked great, except... (Not what your thinkingBig Grin ) Rear suspendion! hard, hard on the butt, wider tire would have helped, maybe...Ride On

So I took Bike apart again, redid frame to accept bigger Motor in time... kept the Bell Y80 for now but with HP improvements... But we went .80 over redid all seals and cc'd cylinder raised compression to 11.5 (milling head). As you can see in pictures, I used complete NSR rear fork assembly. Dropped tire size to 3.5 inch width from 4.5 inch. I also found a Mikuni Kawsaki Carb (don't know Model number) it has one cable (Throttle) and choke is a up/down lever. I believe origninally carb faced to rear of bike so that would have placed choke lever on left side of bike. Yamaha it will face forward so lever will be on right side of bike. Being that frame is open this is no issue now. I can eliminate choke cable from left hand switch box. It uses a 110 jet and stock Y80 Belle used a 95, with the extra work to engine. Jetting is probably close.

Those of you taking a closer look will notice that I was able to mount 2T tank in almost stock position, removing it from being attached to front forks and triple tree. I also found after 3 years of looking a CDI Tach, it did not have a Cup or cover, but as I took a deep long drink of Ice Water... I opened my eyes and looked at the Stainless Cup under my nose... removed Handle, drilled center mount hole in bottom of cup... Fit perfectly!!! Cost me a set of them when my wife found outClapping looks good beside chrome Speedo's cup!

Right now I have small issue with lighting. Rear end works fine Turn signals perfect. Just headlight and meter lights.

Went to 18" front tire/rim (18x3.0) don't know if I like chrome spoke look or blacked out alloy rim... I kept the Kawasaki front forks I had been using all along with Yamaha drum brake. I have a chance to get complete NSR triple/tree and complete fork/rim/wheel/disc brake assembly... not sure if needed. As this is not a Sky Rocket Road Cruise

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 23 May 2013 @ 09:09 AM ICT  

Hi David,

The bike you build looks quite impressive

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 23 May 2013 @ 09:13 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Hi David,

The bike you build looks quite impressive

Thanks News!

Everything works great except the custom (Dream) Muffler! Thought if I used one tube for expansion and blocked it off and left 2mm drain tube to push ecess oil into bottom tube. I was trying to get exhaust to cycle and be rerouted back into bottom tube which was also blocked off except 10mm center hole. Was extremely loud! no pulse cycle sound...

David

Click on image to open

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association