By: Anonymous: Mark ()  Tuesday, 11 October 2011 @ 03:23 PM ICT (Read 3110 times)  

Hello everybody,

I have mounted a car tire on my cruiser and it rides very smooth, the only problem is the cornering is much heavier. But I ride long straight lines between two towns for my work so not much problem with that

Click on image to open

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 11 October 2011 @ 05:52 PM ICT  

Never had the idea that it was possible... I'm sure that it's not exactly safe to use a car tire

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Bill ()  Wednesday, 12 October 2011 @ 09:21 AM ICT  

For real, you ride with a tire like that? That is dangerous a car tire is completely differently constructed to handle different forces.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 14 October 2011 @ 04:48 PM ICT  

In my "formative" years we bought of an older guy a Sunbeam S7 which was renown for it's balloon tires.

It was an old bike for pottering around the village, we did what you have done. As long as you are aware of the limitations.

I assume there is a reason why you did this?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: andyc (offline)  Friday, 14 October 2011 @ 07:00 PM ICT  

must admit ,it does look good

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Anonymous: R.Bell ()  Thursday, 05 January 2012 @ 08:38 AM ICT  

A friend of mine recently mounted a car tire on his big metric cruiser because it was cheaper, cooler, lasted longer and, he claimed, a lot of his friends were doing it with no adverse effect. I have ridden behind him and observed the bike teetering on the edge of the square-profile tire with no contact patch at all.

The last time we rode together he carried his 7-year-old daughter on the passenger seat and commented that I was having trouble keeping up. He is an aggressive rider and I just didn't want to take a chance of hitting him. Has anybody heard of problems caused by car tires mounted on motorcycles? There doesn't seem to be any information about what is fast becoming a common practice.

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association