By: Anonymous: Thane ()  Tuesday, 27 September 2011 @ 08:40 AM ICT (Read 5502 times)  

I have a three month old Honda CBR250R (fuel injection) which has clocked 5000km. I started using this motorcycle for drag races after it clocked 3000km, but I am facing a problem. The Honda CBR250R's engine shuts off automatically when it reaches the top speed. Then I have to stop the motorcycle, shut the ignition key off, wait for a few seconds and then restart it.

The same thing happens even when I try to achieve the top speed while cruising on highways. The mechanics at the Honda dealer are unable to solve this problem even after numerous efforts. I have replaced the spark plug as well as the air filter but still this issue is not solved.

By: Anonymous: somchai ()  Tuesday, 27 September 2011 @ 09:33 AM ICT  

The problem might be due to a clogged fuel filter restricting the flow of petrol. Take it out and clean it. The fuel filter is on a Honda CBR250R located before the fuel pump inside the petrol tank.

By: Anonymous: gallis ()  Monday, 02 April 2012 @ 07:10 AM ICT  

Hi
I have exactly the same problem on my CBR250R. Can you please update how you eventually solved your problem?

By: Anonymous: mandeep ()  Sunday, 08 April 2012 @ 10:18 PM ICT  

hey ppl , even i am facing problem with my cbr250r ... der's sum rattling noise coming from the left side of the engine...!!!!! i hardly completed 2500kms ,,,,,, Sad Sad don't noe wat this sound is all about....some taper problem o what...??
any idea guyzzz???

By: news (offline)  Monday, 09 April 2012 @ 01:00 PM ICT  

The only good advice I can give. In case of any sound from your motorcycle which doesn't seem to be normal contact your dealer directly. You have done 2500km, which means that your Honda CBR250R is well within warranty...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: jj ()  Monday, 09 April 2012 @ 03:57 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

The only good advice I can give. In case of any sound from your motorcycle which doesn't seem to be normal contact your dealer directly. You have done 2500km, which means that your Honda CBR250R is well within warranty...

I wonder if this is some kind of safety measure? My Ninja 650 won't over rev and shuts down (only for a second.)
What is the top speed of your bike? What speed is this shutdown occurring at??

I have a 250 cbr also with 4000 km on it and I get a "knocking" noise about 5000 rpm that worsens when I add power and disappears when the revs increase. Sounds like the header clamp may be leaking but it seems fine. Any ideas? And yes, I will ask the dealer at the next service.

By: Darocm (offline)  Monday, 11 June 2012 @ 06:29 PM ICT  

happened to me too, not on honda bike but...after i got to local mechanic he said "look soup sia " hehehe
Just get it done at your service point or find another honda place where they could help you.
Here in CM there's a couple of them all of them work with different effort/effect, i think it's worth to visit different service.

Daro
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Facebook: Daro Sturm

Darocm

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Monday, 18 June 2012 @ 10:34 AM ICT  

Hi Fellow Riders!
I too own a Honda.
Mine is a CB1300ST
I live in Japan.
All Japan manufactured motorcycle have a "Limiter" built into them.
Mine is set at 18okph or 8,500rpm.
Everytime I get to either of those points, the engine shuts off.
It starts immediately though, no need to stop and reset.....

Check your rev and exact speed, if it is doing the same all the time, then you need to rewire to avoid the Limiter technology.
You need a small part - sells in Japan

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association